Ultimate RolePlay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After Plague - Post-Apocalyptic Roleplay

3 posters

Go down

After Plague - Post-Apocalyptic Roleplay Empty After Plague - Post-Apocalyptic Roleplay

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:41 pm

14th Century: Bubonic Plague ('Black Death') Epidemic spreads across the world, rapidly infecting millions. Due to poor sanitary standards at the time, little can be done to prevent it, as it kills off wave after waves of humans. After finally subsiding, roughly 30 to 60% of the European population has been killed. New sanitary standards are set to help prevent another plague epidemic. Despite this, the plague continues to re-emerge, causing random kill-offs of humans wherever it does so.
20th & 21st century: Despite large technological leaps, Scientists are still struggling to cure bubonic plague.
1994: An outbreak of the plague occurs in India, causing mass migrations.
2012: A girl in Colorado, America is diagnosed with bubonic plague after contracting it while camping.
December, 2013: An outbreak of bubonic plague occurs in a village in Madagascar.

March, 2014: A catastrophic outbreak of bubonic plague occurs in Africa, believed to be linked to the outbreak in Madagascar. Within the first three weeks of the outbreak, the entire population of Africa is halved. All borders connecting to the African continent are quarantined.
May, 2014: Outbreak of bubonic plague spreads to Brazil, after multiple makeshift boats are sailed from Africa to Brazil. Entirety of South America is quarantined, United Nations declares an international emergency.
October, 2014: New Zealand, United Kingdom, Greenland, Iceland and Australia are only countries without confirmed infection. Global population has halved from eight billion to four billion. Multiple online chat rooms for each country that still has confirmed living citizens are set up, and quickly filled. Madagascar's population reaches 0.
February, 2015: Global population now at fifty million. All nations have confirmed outbreaks, governments and police forces are struggling to keep law and order. United Nations is unable to prevent public panic. Population of Africa and South America reach 0.
April, 2015: Global population is now five hundred thousand. All forms of government have collapsed, however streets are eerily peaceful; anarchists have lost the will to cause terror. Rare cases of immune citizens have arisen, currently estimated at four globally. Population of North America, Europe, North and West Asia estimated at 0.
May, 2015: Global population is estimated at ten thousand. All 'national' chat rooms have merged to form one international chat room on the Internet, so survivors may communicate. All wildlife and domesticated animals are extinct. Most uninfected survivors have lost the will to live. Oldest known man alive is fourty-three. Population of Asia and the Philippines estimated at 0.

January 8th, 2016: Current day. All infected have perished, only immune have survived. Estimated population of Earth is 10. Bubonic Plague has died out due to lack of hosts. All animal, bacterial and parasitical forms of life have died out. Foliage has surprisingly left the majority of cities untouched. All forms of nuclear power have been deactivated, to prevent mass meltdowns. Currency of any form has become meaningless. Laws, rules, restrictions prior to the infection have become unnessecary. International chat room main form of communication between survivors.

In essence: The world is dead.

Spoiler:

FORM:

Name:
Age: (Fourty-Three or lower, Reasonable age for their environment please. Toddlers wouldn't survive in Canada on their own.)
Appearance: (Provide a picture if you wish, but please put it in spoilers so the page doesn't stretch.)
Nation/Region of residence: (Anywhere. Like seriously, they could be freakin' anywhere at this point. Just make sure it's physically possible, and don't forget: Part of the fun of this RP is to see how your character lasts without the others in contact. [This doesn't mean they can't work out how to fly a plane, though... But it is very damn hard.])
Attitude: (Optional, but appreciated.)
Other: (Again, optional. Just if you want to throw any last-minute details in.)

CURRENT GLOBAL POPULATION: 6

Australia;
Jack Ike:
Marcus Aurelie:
Olivia Jones:
Brady Jones:
Lydia Gold:
Alec Miller:

Last edited by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:55 am; edited 2 times in total
CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Location : Mostly Omnipresent, more Omnipresent at dawn and dusk.

Back to top Go down

After Plague - Post-Apocalyptic Roleplay Empty Re: After Plague - Post-Apocalyptic Roleplay

Post by Unforgiven~ Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:03 pm

If I am to apply, do I need to be able to capture the Australian dialogue correctly? (Slang, etc.)
Unforgiven~
Unforgiven~
Administrator

Personal Stats
Forum Activity: -
RP Activity: -
RP- Experience : -

https://ultimaterp.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

After Plague - Post-Apocalyptic Roleplay Empty Re: After Plague - Post-Apocalyptic Roleplay

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:53 pm

Nope, not at all. Your character doesn't even need to be Australian; they could be in America, UK, India, essentially anywhere in the world.
CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforgiven~ Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:03 pm

I know, I just think that it would be better to be on the same continent so that the roleplay keeps going and our characters can interact haha, so do I just fill out the form and submit?
Unforgiven~
Unforgiven~
Administrator

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:42 pm

Yup, that's all you really need to do. A mate of mine should be joining soon, he says he'll start in NZ
CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforgiven~ Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:01 am

Ok. I believe New Zealand has a different language don't they? So I'd rather not do that haha. I'll make my form as soon as I can get on my laptop
Unforgiven~
Unforgiven~
Administrator

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:31 am

Nah, New Zealand speaks English too. But they do have a different native language though.
CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforgiven~ Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:51 pm

Name: Marcus James Aurelie
Appearance: He has black hair that sticks up when it is not tended to and his eyes are the deepest shade of brown. He wears dark clothing all the time and he is never without a weapon on the holster of his belt.
Nation/Region of residence: Australia
Attitude: He believes that it is the survivors' duty to repopulate the earth, though not keen on rushing it for himself, and he thinks that it is only their job as human beings. He sees the epidemic as a test of human strength and does not take it lightly at all. His family was killed in the epidemic and he saw his little sister die in front of him the day before he left America and came to Australia during the epidemic to get far away from his home region. He could not bear the thought of being anywhere near where he'd grown up with his family since they died.
Other: He was very close to his sister leading up to her death. Before the epidemic, he had traveled quite a bit and would take his sister with him as long as she was not in school at the time. Up until her death, he had always protected her. Then the one thing he couldn't protect her from came along and there was nothing he could do.

Name: Olivia Camren Jones
Appearance: Olivia has curly brown hair that falls just past her shoulders and is most likely to be tied back in a messy ponytail or bun. She wears her combat boots at all times and her clothing will consist of tight and dark clothes, but not too tight that it is uncomfortable or difficult to move around freely.
Attitude: Olivia is very brave and never backs down from a fight. She will fight for what she and her brother need to survive. After the epidemic, she hardened her exterior and rarely gets emotional. She does snap quite a bit at her brother, but this is only because she feels he is too soft and he needs to toughen up if he is to survive in the world they now live in. She teaches him basic survival skills as well as the skills needed to fight for precaution.
Other: Her mother died in childbirth to her sister who died very early in the final epidemic. When her sister died, Olivia forced herself to never look back at her losses or her mistakes, so she always looks forward. She does not show emotion. Her main priority is protecting her brother until he is strong enough to protect himself.

Name: Brady Shaun Jones
Appearance: Brady has shaggy brown hair that falls a little past his eyes, a creamy brown color themselves.
Attitude: Despite the epidemic and loss of his sister and father, he still attempts to see the bright side in all things happening in the world and to him. He is very soft, not tough like his sister, Olivia. When Olivia is to snap at him, he tries to brush it off lightly like it is nothing because he knows she is only looking out for him, but he wishes for his caring and compassionate sister back from before the epidemic.
Other: N/A

Name: Lydia Marie Gold
Appearance: Lydia has wavy ginger hair that falls just shy of her waist and shining blue eyes. She usually has her outfit of a tank top and some skinny jeans, but sometimes will be caught in a sweatshirt and some sweatpants if she is feeling out of it that day.
Attitude: She is very loving and caring. She is also very curious and her formal self, unlike many others, has not been damaged since the epidemic. Unlike others, she did not lose anyone to the epidemic because she didn't have anyone she loved to begin with. Her parents died in a fire at a young age and she had been living with a wealthy family in Los Angelas. They had transported her to Australia when the epidemic had begun.
Other: Had it not been for Alec, she would not have survived the chaos during the epidemic. He took her in and took care of her while others panicked. She values him very highly for what he did for her.

Name: Alec Benjamin Miller
Appearance: Alec has short cropped black hair and brown eyes. His style varies greatly.
Attitude: He does not become close to many people, but Lydia does know what he is like. He is caring and generous, an ideal person to befriend in a time such as the epidemic.
Other: He fell ill recently due to exposure from a wound he gained.
Unforgiven~
Unforgiven~
Administrator

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:15 am

Wasn't expecting so many characters O-o they're all cleared and good to go though! Just remember, they can be anywhere in Australia, but as long as they've got some form of transportation, they can go wherever they want. You can go first, if you want.
CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforgiven~ Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:24 am

Alec lays on the group, heaving uncontrolably for breath but getting only a little from his effort.

Lydia sits beside Alec, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. She put her hands on his chest and attempted to pump air into his lungs, "Please don't leave me, you can't!" she yelled.

Brady tripped over a root sprouting from the ground and looked up to Olivia, expecting her to yell at him like every time he screwed up.

Olivia sighed, "Brady, can you not even watch your own feet? Really, how do you expect to survive if you can't even watch where you're going?" She hissed.

Brady lowered his head so as not to meet his sister's gaze, "I'm sorry" he mumbled
Unforgiven~
Unforgiven~
Administrator

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:44 pm

Jack Ike sat up. For the past hour he'd been lying in bed, unsure if he could be bothered to do so, and he had finally come to a decision. As he sat up, he rubbed his eyes, trying to wake himself up, looking around the room that he considered home, even before the mass plague hit. The sun had been up for four hours at least, making it roughly Ten in the morning. He then got out of bed, and within ten minutes had gotten dressed, had sufficient breakfast, and was revving up the engine of his car, which was a Toyota Corolla. Nothing special, even now after the plague. As he drove on the once-heavily used road, he couldn't help but look around at the abandoned buildings and sigh. Jack was loosing hope, and the will to live very slowly. After a twenty minute drive, he arrived at an un-looted shopping market, and opening the door, he went straight towards the nearest general grocery, but stopped after stepping a meter or so away from the door. He remembered that he'd found a potentially useful tool, and stepped outside to use it.
For miles around the shop, a flare would be seen shooting up into the sky above where Jack was. While it wasn't as effective during the daytime, it could still be seen pretty well, and so was easily traceable.
CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforgiven~ Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:51 pm

Brady saw the flare and smiled, rising from his fallen spot and tugging his sister's shirt hurriedly. He pointed to the flare, "Liv! Look! Someone is out there!" He started running toward the flare, "Come on!"

Olivia sighed, grabbing Brady's shirt and tugging him back, "Are you crazy?" She asked impatiently, crossing her arms, "Do you have no common sense whatsoever? What if it's a trap? We could be going into an ambush. Use your head for once."

Alec's breathing slowed so that it was at his normal sleeping rate and slipped out of conciousness.

Lydia closed her eyes, thinking hard of what she could possibly do to help him when the flare shot into the air. She saw the flare from where she was sitting next to her dying companion and shot into the air. She turned to Alec, "I promise you, I won't let you die." She repeated the same words he had said to her the day he had taken her in. Then she took off for the signal.
Unforgiven~
Unforgiven~
Administrator

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:42 am

Having successfully pried the doors to the nearest grocer open using a crowbar, Jack turned on his flashlight so he could see in the unlit shop. He walked in, wandering around and noting the shops contents. After a few minutes he picked up a 1.25 L bottle of orange juice, discarded the lid, and began drinking it as he wandered out the back of the shop. After a few more minutes he'd found the light switch, and the shop was instantly lit up as the lights flickered on. He then emerged from the back once again, and headed to the toy isle. He didn't expect anyone to react to his flare; he believed he was the alive in this part of the country.
CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforgiven~ Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:36 am

Ooc-are you obsessed with orange juice? XD

Lydia kept running until her legs ached, causing her to slow to an involuntary jog. Her breath was now coming in ragged gasps, but she kept running. I need to save Alec. was the only thought coursing through her mind.

"Fine." Brady complied. He dusted off his pants and say where he was, "I'm not moving until you agree to help me find out what that flare was about."

Olivia became infuriated, "Brady, you get up right now!!" She snapped. When he didn't move, she spoke again, "sometimes you can really be such a stupid brat." She hissed, "fine. Let's go."
Unforgiven~
Unforgiven~
Administrator

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:17 am

OOC: Orange Juice is my version of Coffee/Tea. :P
Having found what he was looking for in the toy isle, Jack sat down with his bottle of juice next to him, and pulled out a pair of scissors. He began cutting into the tough plastic that surrounded the much, much smaller packet of Yu-Gi-Oh playing cards, and upon being able to remove the actual packet of cards, (Illustrated as "Judgement of the Light,") opened it and pulled out the nine cards within, slowly flicking through them. He then pulled six separate tins, each roughly two and a half cards in length and width, but was only as tall as the length of a single card, pulled the lids off them revealing multiple stacks of cards held together with rubber bands, (there are six stacks in each tin, making thirty-six stacks in total,) and he began sorting the cards he had just received, placing at least one card beside each tin in an unspecified order. He then reached to his right and picked up another packet (He had brought all the packets down off their shelf,) and repeated the procedure this one labelled as "Shadow Specters."

Outside, the flare began it's slow descent downwards, which would result in its burnt-out form landing on the roof of the shop. There was still five or so minutes before that happened however, plenty of time to trace it to its source.
OOC: I'm actually obsessed with Yu-Gi-Oh cards. IRL, I've got easily 600+
CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforgiven~ Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:54 am

Lydia saw the flare receeding and ran faster toward it, ignoring the burning sensation pulsing through her lungs. She came to the store and stopped, panting, with her hands resting on her knees. After a minute, she regained her control and walked slowly toward the building, pushing the doors open with a loud creak.

Brady smiled at Olivia and rose to his feet, "Let's go then! I'll race you!" Then he shot away toward the descending flare with Olivia at his heels
Unforgiven~
Unforgiven~
Administrator

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:05 am

Jack, being a fair depth into a shop behind another set of doors did not hear the loud creak. He continued opening the card packets, now opening one labelled "Lord of the Tachyon Galaxy." When he opened it, he pulled out a notably different card; instead of the usual yellows, oranges greens and purples, this card was mostly black on the front, and illustrated what appeared to be a mechanical dragon of some sort. Jack grinned slightly, setting the card aside. "Number One-oh-seven, Galaxy Eyes Tachyon Dragon obtained." He mumbled to himself,taking another swig of juice before continuing.
CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Unforgiven~ Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:11 am

Lydia looked around, shaking in fear. She dated to call out, "hello?"
Unforgiven~
Unforgiven~
Administrator

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Hare787 Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:30 am

Name: Amy Well
Age: (Fourty-Three or lower, Reasonable age for their environment please. Toddlers wouldn't survive in Canada on their own.) 19
Appearance: (Provide a picture if you wish, but please put it in spoilers so the page doesn't stretch.)
Appearance:
Nation/Region of residence: (Anywhere. Like seriously, they could be freakin' anywhere at this point. Just make sure it's physically possible, and don't forget: Part of the fun of this RP is to see how your character lasts without the others in contact. [This doesn't mean they can't work out how to fly a plane, though... But it is very damn hard.]) Australia
Attitude: (Optional, but appreciated.)
Other: (Again, optional. Just if you want to throw any last-minute details in.) Three German Shepards named Rex, Tiger, and Ocelot

Tiger and Ocelot
After Plague - Post-Apocalyptic Roleplay German_Shepherds_in_ravine

Rex
www.dailypuppy.com/media/dogs/anonymous/sheba_german_shepherd_05.jpg_w450.jpg" alt="" />
Hare787
Hare787

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:29 am

((My apologies Unforgiven, this thread lost it's mood for me quite quickly. I'll try get back to it if I can. Also, I can't see the picture for Rex, but accepted.))
CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down