Ultimate RolePlay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's go DEFY TERROR

4 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Let's go DEFY TERROR Empty Let's go DEFY TERROR

Post by Brute Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:17 am

There was a city, flourishing, its people and their homes milling in the streets. Every day was a happy day. Yet, as a terror got stronger, the city grew weaker. Crimes happened more often. Children were kidnapped. Men, fighting for their families, died.   

It kept getting worse. The smaller crimes began happening every day. Grenade bombs, though old and worn, were used to blow up the environment and scare people into hiding. There was nothing to eat other than some food in the standing houses, and no water other than from the dirty faucets of deserted houses.  

They wanted to kill ALL. The elderly died. The children died. The fathers died, and then the mothers. Unmarried people died. Teenagers died. But a few persisted on having their grip on life.                                                    

LET'S GO DEFY TERROR
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats
Forum Activity: Active
RP Activity: Active
RP- Experience : ★★★★★

Back to top Go down

Let's go DEFY TERROR Empty Re: Let's go DEFY TERROR

Post by Tealight Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:49 am

At precisely five twenty-six in the morning, the sun rose, and with it came a great crowd of people to the corner of Ludlow and Hamilton. There was an old antique shop there, still standing, and word out that the old man who lived there had died of fever in the night.

But, oh, this was no funeral procession. Like scavengers, the people flocked to it in hopes that they could make their own claim to the water supply.

They pressed into the old shop without any due regard for the dead man lying there on a heap of quilts. They took the things he had stayed there to protect. They filled their jugs and buckets and bottles and whatever else they had in a tiny sink in the back room. Some of them could hardly wait, so desperate to relieve their parched tongues that they plunged their head right beneath the faucet and let it pour into their mouths.

These people were hungry, almost all of them unwashed - and that was exactly why a certain tall, dark-headed boy was so aggravated when along came a petite little figure in a clean, flounced yellow dress. No one getting along so decently had any business there, in his opinion. That, and...well, let's say there were other reasons.

She stopped by the lightpole when she saw he was coming towards her, flashed the most naive smile you could imagine. "Hello James," she chirruped.

"What are you doing here?"

"Same as you. Getting water."

He practically spat the reply. "You look nice enough."

The doe-eyed youth in the yellow dress couldn't have looked more confused. She looked at him blankly, uncomprehending. But still she blinked and smiled again. "I take good care of myself."

"Yeah...Is Theodore around?"

"He said he had to take care of something. I'm supposed to meet him where the opera house used to be."  

James stepped back and squinted briefly, before looking out into the wriggling mass spilling out of the antique shop. He seemed to be contemplating something. "Where are you two staying lately?"

"Can't say." She grinned, then took on a bemused expression. "Theo doesn't like you at all. Says you're a 'cad,' whatever that means. That reminds me...I shouldn't even be talking to you. Goodbye." No sooner had she turned that he had grabbed her by the arm and pulled her back. She stared. "Hey! I have to go, ok?"

Grudgingly, James released her, noting the glares coming from passerby that had heard the shriek over the hubbub. By now it was dissipating - the crowd, that is, and she was able to stumble directly into the shop without being shoved. Kittie frowned and went immediately to choose a pretty vase off of the shelf.

Last edited by тea.lιgнт.* on Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats
RP- Experience : ★★★★

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:15 am

Eric's shoulders slumped. She was on guard duty at a stolen dump. She scanned the area. "Huh, thought so. Nobody would think to look in a dump--" Suddenly she spotted a figure scratching away at the dirt. "Hey! Dog over there!"

A huge dryer opened its own door and Alex raced out. She ran, close to the ground, and picked the dog up. "Hound," she said, grinning. 

Eric shrugged good-naturely. "Well, put him in with the others!"

Alex walked to a fence door. Inside were multiple shelters for dogs in need. She swung the gate open and let the hound inside. 

"I'm off to work the pump." a familiar voice said.

Alex jumped. "Kat!"

Kat smiled warmly. "Yes?"

"Never mind! I wonder how long we'll be able to live in this dump. We have ten dogs now. I've got most of them trained. Some, trained a little more." Alex thought for a moment. "I've made a fence to surround the entire territory."

"Territory?"

"Yes, territory. Once I have fully trained my dogs, they will be able to do some guarding. But not now. Today I am going to go stealing."

"Well, good luck."

"Lucky!" Alex called. A German Shepherd mix came to her side. "Okay, see ya, Kat!" 

"Well, see ya." 

Alex crept in and out of alleyways, carrying her burlap bag, her dog at her side. Finally, they arrived at a house, where a menacing boy was standing by, throwing hard glances. 

Alex bared her teeth. "Let's kick him out, dawg!" Alex swung a punch at his nose, and Lucky leapt for his throat. Alex grabbed a plumbing pipe and whacked it against his leg, making a deep cut. "Off with you, bastard!" The pair watched him run away. The last of the crowd went away very quickly, seeing the menacing glares from the girl with the plumbing pipe and the snarling dog.

They went into the house. A girl was inside, but Alex paid no attention. The bitch, knowing that the girl was not the target, also ignored her, and laid down across the floor. Alex opened the cupboards. "Empty, empty..." She walked across the kitchen. All was silent, except, at one point, there was a CRRREEEEAAAAAAAKKKK. Alex froze, and walked across the kitchen again. CRRREEEEAAKK. She stood in one spot, and took a permanent marker off the counter. She drew a wide circle on the ground, then put the marker in her bag. Running around, she found a hunting knife ("Useful") and a pocketknife ("Ha!"). She sawed out the circle of plastic. Underneath, the plank floor turned to plywood for one big square. With the knife, Alex got out the plywood board. Underneath were cans and cans of different foods, plus bags of dried food. Alex scooped everything into her bag, now half-filled. She tied up the bag and clucked to her dog. Lucky stood up and Alex patted her gently.

Last edited by Brute on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:15 pm

Choose a pretty vase she did - one painted in gentle, faded shades of blue and yellow; flowers, mostly, and the occasional bit of a bird's wing or a hidden nest. She plucked her new vase from the shelf, carefully, so not to chip the paint, and tucked it under one arm.

Kittie swung around.

"Oh, hello! Where'd you come from?" she said, looking surprised. The girl waved politely and took a few steps forward. The bright yellow dress swished lightly above her knees. She smiled. "That dog is really pretty. I had a dog once. He was a little Chihuahua named Winter...What's this guy's name?"

Last edited by тea.lιgнт.* on Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:41 am

Alex turned, having heard the girl speak. "Oh, this is Lucky. She's a German Shepherd mix, and one of my bodyguards." Alex looked the girl up and down. Pretty yellow dress, water bottle, no big deal, but thieves come in all shapes and sizes. "Do you have a dog right now?" Lucky looked up at Alex for directions. She waved her hand (Not yet).
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:45 pm

"No, Theo said we couldn't feed him. He said he let him go free." Her face scrunched up in a confused sort of way. "But, you know, I never could get any straight answers from him about it later on. When I asked his friends about it one day they all sort of sidled past me and looked really uncomfortable."

She disappeared into the back room for a second, then came back with her vase full of water. "Most dogs are sweet, but one bit me once. Theo told me to go inside and I guess he shooed him away. You've really gotta watch out for mean dogs, you know. Have you ever been bit?"

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:49 am

Alex looked a little worried about the girl's old dog. "You know, sacrificing the dog is another way of 'letting him go free.'"

"Oh, of course I have been bit!" Alex grinned. "But I don't shoo them away. I take them into my home, and give them a job. And all of my dogs like their jobs! I let them out, free to go, but they don't even cross the territory line. Their life now has a sense of meaning."
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:47 am

"What do you mean, exactly? 'Sacrificing'?" Kittie asked, studying the jar in her hands. She looked up briefly - long enough for her eyes to flash with concern and plain befuddlement. "You don't think he could've gotten hurt, do you? I never did get to say goodbye to him...Do you know if dogs mind that?"

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:54 am

"Weeelllll...." Alex shifted uncomfortably. "Your brother cares for you very very much. He would try everything to have you live, and get rid of the extra stuff, like a dog." Alex looked down at the girl in the yellow dress. "Don't take it too hard, though. Even though he probably did want to see your face before he... went, it's all over now." Alex glanced at the sun in the sky. "Well, I gotta get back to my buddies, so... and you probably would love to get to your home, wherever that is. Perhaps I will see you again, perhaps I will not." Lucky jumped to her feet when she saw Alex lift the sack.
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Kittie straightened, smiled suddenly.

She clutched the vase to her chest and went slowly to the door. "I guess you must've heard of him, then - my brother. Theodore Turner. We're twins. My name is Kittie, by the way. I think our parents did a pretty great job of naming us...Whoa, hey, where are you going? We could be going the same way, you know. I haven't talked to another girl in forever."

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:50 am

"I have." Alex grinned and thought of Kat and Eric. "Which part of the city are you going?" Alex patted Lucky. "You know, the people are always saying, 'Beware the dump, or the creetures will git you!'" Alex rolled her eyes. "Well, I don't. There. You just learned where I live, where they live, where we live." Alex winked. "And, hello, Kittie Turner. My name is Alex Baron, and if you ever are allowed to visit the dump, just be careful, avoid the beggars, and greet the dogs. Lucky will know you." Alex grinned down at Lucky, and patted her once more.
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:11 pm

"Ivy Loop," she answered. "You know where the funeral home is? Yeah, that's where I live. We thought nobody'd ever think to look there...I swear, though, we don't sleep in caskets. There's no dead people. Just us."

Kittie used her back to push open the door, then stepped down onto the cracked pavement. It was much lighter now. The girl yawned, stopped by the lightpole.

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:27 pm

A sound, very unfamiliar to the inhabitants of the city, could be heard then. It was a sound from days long gone, when the city was functioning properly, when things were fine. It was the sound of a motorbike starting up, fuelled and ready to go, despite the fact that all the fuel in the city had been used up years ago. The engine revved a few times, then it began to move, quickly picking up speed like a motorcycle would; within moments, it zoomed past Kittie and Alex, revealing the well-known driver.
The motorcycle itself was a modified black Kawasaki Ninja 300; obviously stolen from a rich home at some point. The modifications were obvious: a pair of guns had been welded onto each side, easily accessable and fire able by the drivers hands.
The driver himself was famous and infamous within the city; famous for fighting crime, and infamous for sometimes causing it. His outfit was easily recognisable; black beanie, black gas mask, black trench coat. Even his hands were gloved in black; no part of him seemed to be revealed to the outside world. None had ever seen his face.
As he zoomed past, he turned right at the first chance; a few minutes later, he could be heard coming up the street again. Nobody comes up the same street twice, unless they're planning something.
CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Location : Mostly Omnipresent, more Omnipresent at dawn and dusk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:04 am

Alex turned at the sound of the noise. "Kittie, you have to come with me. We gotta get out, NOW, okay?" Alex grabbed Kittie's arm. "Run with me! Lucky, go to Kat, Kat and Eric, NOW!" Lucky sped off in the direction of the junkyard. Alex ran, occasionally hiding behind staircases. Finally, they ran into the street homes: the shacks and tents where most homeless live at the edges of the junkyard. The poor people were near death now, lolling about in the dirt, not noticing the girls and the dog.

----------------------------

Kat worked the pump, filling the water bucket. She picked it up and went back to the base camp.

Eric ladled some water into her tin can. "Hmm-umm, tasty groundwater. Let's water the dogs!"

The two got up and each picked a bucket, and filled all the dog bowls. Immediately the dog ran up and licked their bowls dry. Kat had a look over the dogs. They were all quite in tune, except for the slight hound they had found that morning.

Suddenly, the dogs looked to see as Lucky ran up to Eric and Kat.

"Whoa, there!" Eric yelped.

Kat gave her a slight smile and said, "Still not used to the dogs?" Then she turned to see Alex come with a girl in a yellow dress.

Alex let go of Kittie. "Hi guys, there is a somebody in black riding up and down Sewer street. I ordered out right away. Unfortunately, her home is the churchy place, on the complete other edge of town. She has a brother there."

Kat sighed.

"But what can we do?" Eric asked. "I mean, we can't do anything while that somebody around."

"Right," Kat answered. "But we can go there the round-a-bout way."

Alex dropped her sack with a clunk.

Kat was surprised, but then her surprise melted into a smile. Eric gasped. "You got it!"

Alex grinned. "Yeah. Special store."
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:21 pm

Before she knew it, Kittie found herself being dragged along by the arm, running as fast as her little cream flats could take her. All she could do was try and keep the water from splashing out of the mouth of her vase as she was led wildly though the streets, turning corners abruptly and having absolutely no idea what was going on. Halfway there she saw a familiar face and let out a faint, "Hi, Dean!" before she was swept away down yet another curvy avenue.

She was so completely out of breath when they found themselves at the dump that Kittie plopped right down in the dirt. Nevermind that dress. Kittie could hardly breath, even despite the cool morning breeze that passed through.

She fixed her pale eyes on the ground, trying to gain her bearings, while the others talked.

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:17 am

Kat saw the poor girl slump to the ground, and, while Eric and Alex chatted, she went over to the girl. "Hi there," Kat said, her face showing a warm and friendly smile unique to some people. "I'm Kat. What's your name?"
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:24 am

Ooc: skip me for awhile
CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Location : Mostly Omnipresent, more Omnipresent at dawn and dusk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:21 pm

The girl looked up, face red and flustered from the unexpected run. She smiled weakly.

"My name is...hold on." Kittie paused, took a huge gulp of air; then she promptly introduced herself, brushing back her thin whitish-blonde hair. "Hello, my name is Kittie. Nice to meet you. But, you know, I really should be somewhere else right now."

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:03 am

"Nice to meet you, Kittie." Kat went over to sit next to her. She chuckled. "Unfortunately we can't go anywhere until that motorbike goes away, which I hope is pretty soon."
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:54 pm

Frowning, she turned towards Kat, holding the painted vase in her lap. Kittie looked grimly up at the sky a she spoke.

"Motorbike? Then I guess that's what the noise was that we ran from. Oh, well. Do you want any crackers? I think I left some in my pocket..." The girl went scrounging through a pocket in her dress; presently she pulled out a packet of cheese crackers that had been reduced to crumbs, and looked bemusedly down at them. "They were whole when I put them in there."

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:53 pm

Kat smiled, amused. Then she sighed.

OOC;; sorry, extremely derpy post. I had like, 2 min to think, then i gtg.
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:15 am

Eric stopped, listening. Kat looked up. "What do you hear, Eric?"

Eric grinned. "I hear that the motorbike is gone!"

Alex jumped to her feet and listened. Then she nodded. "Kat, Sewer Street, yellow patches?"

Kat gave Alex a thumbs up. "All good!" Then she asked Kittie, "You ready to go to your place now?"
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:02 am

"Place?" Kittie scrambled up and wiped her muddy hands on her dress. Then, quickly, she glanced down and realized that she had done so. "Oh, my place? We're going to...my place? That's good. Hopefully my brother hasn't come looking for me yet. I'm glad you all came along or I don't know what else I would've done when that...person...thing...came riding by."

She took a step back and squinted at Eric, then smiled. "Can you really hear all that way?"

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:31 am

Eric winked at her and grinned, but said nothing and walked away.

Kat sat down and chuckled. "Eric is one mastermind. She is our favorite engineer, and she has the best ears. But she isn't prideful about those things and other special talents she has." Kat got up and stretched. She waved an arm toward the town. "Shall we? Feel free to lead, and I'll back you up." When Kittie turned away, Kat nabbed some items quickly off a crate. "I'll be back," she said.

Alex, in a flash, whipped a rag across the fire and onto Kat's leg. "Sure you will?"

Kat groaned, massaging her leg. "Oh, alrighty. You gotta stop that, though."

Eric laughed. "No, you! What do we train the dogs for?"

Kat waved it away and walked to Kittie. "Let's go."
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:44 am

(Tea, I'm going to be gone for this whole week. I'll get back to rp as soon as I can, but I can't this week.)
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down