Ultimate RolePlay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Current Theme...

3 posters

Go down

The Current Theme... Empty The Current Theme...

Post by Fray Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:16 am

Okay so since I have gone back to work on working on the theme I am opening this topic to collect public opinions on them.

As you can clearly see... I have already put on the newest theme... I call it AGoT. This is a theme I have created for a different site but am considering using here. I haven't fully decided yet. The version you see here has been modified slightly as if I do decide to use it... Well I don't want them to be 100% the same...

So please! Share your opinions and any ideas you may have as to the theme.
Fray
Fray
Administrator

Personal Stats
Forum Activity: Active
RP Activity: Not Really Active
RP- Experience : ★★★★

http://ibsole.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Current Theme... Empty Re: The Current Theme...

Post by Tealight Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:39 am

Hola. This is really nice. I'm not crazy about the post format, but the profile thing on the left (I have made friends and enemies with my advanced technological lingo, dear sir) is really chill. The home page, too. Squares are always nice.
Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats
RP Activity: Active

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:50 pm

Oh. My. God.

This is like, so darn cool. I'm like, wow. Even the clicker is slick, though I'll have to get used to the three pointy thingys.

The quick reply postbox, which I loooooove using, needs to be fixed; the type is black, and I can barely see what I'm typing. That's the only negative thing. Otherwise, AWESOME JOB FRAY!!!!!
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats
RP- Experience : ★★★★★

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:20 pm

Was it not like that for you before, Brute? That's so weird. Mine's been doing that for ages, ever since Forumotion changed it.
Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Fray Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:43 pm

I am pretty sure the text for quick reply has always been black. But I'll look into it at some point. I have thought about it in the past but never get around to it.

Anyway like I said in the first post I have mixed feelings about it as this was originally created for a different site. If I do end up changing it again though are there certain parts of it you would like me to keep? Like Tea said she liked the posters profile on the left but not so much the post format... Anyother bits that I should think about putting into a new theme IF I decide to make a new one?
Fray
Fray
Administrator

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:13 pm

You know the key to the rank colors at the bottom of the home page, with that font and all? That's pretty cool.

It looks like you've been going back and forth with having the usernames in the profile box the same way. IIt looks nice both ways, but the special font and the way it overlaps the profile image is definitely my favorite. That would be something to keep if you made a new theme.

Also, I can handle the automatic '[center]' of the text, but the way it rounds the corners of images...no.

EDIT: ooh, almost forgot. The default image. I don't think anyone here is a family of three xP

EDIT 2: the quotes are so cute♥

what to write? idk♥ ♥

text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

♥ ♥ whoah whoah hey ♥ ♥

this one looks kind of gross in google chrome, but nice in ie. hm. what do you guys use?

what to write? idk♥ ♥

Please, leave all overcoats, canes and top hats with the doorman. From that moment you'll be out of place and underdressed. I'm wrecking this evening already and loving every minute of it. Ruining this banquet for the mildly inspiring and...Please, leave all overcoats, canes and top hats with the doorman. From that moment you'll be out of place and underdressed. I'm wrecking this evening already and loving every minute of it. Ruining this banquet for the mildly inspiring and...When you're in black slacks with accentuating, off-white, pinstripes. Whoa, everything goes according to plan. I'm the new cancer, never looked better, you can't stand it. Because you say so under your breath. You're reading lips "When did he get all confident?" Haven't you heard that I'm the new cancer? Never looked better, and you can't stand it. Next is a trip to the, the ladies room in vain, and I bet you just can't keep up with, (keep up) with these fashionistas, and tonight, tonight you are, you are a whispering campaign. I bet to them your name is "Cheap", I bet to them you look like shh...Talk to the mirror, oh, choke back tears. And keep telling yourself that "I'm a diva!" Oh and the smokes in that cigarette box on the table, they just so happen to be laced with nitroglycerin. I'm the new cancer, never looked better, you can't stand it. Because you say so under your breath. You're reading lips "When did he get all confident?" Haven't you heard that I'm the new cancer? Never looked better, and you can't stand it. Haven't you heard that I'm the new cancer? I've never looked better, and you can't stand it. Haven't you heard that I'm the new cancer? I've never looked better, and you can't stand it. And I know, and I know, it just doesn't feel like a night out with no one sizing you up. I've never been so surreptitious, so of course you'll be distracted when I spike the punch. And I know, and I know, it just doesn't feel like a night out with no one sizing you up. I've never been so surreptitious, so of course you'll be distracted when I spike the punch. And I know, and I know, it just doesn't feel like a night out with no one sizing you up. I've never been so surreptitious, so of course you'll be distracted when I spike the punch.

Screaming currently excuse me

what to write? idk♥ ♥

Please, leave all overcoats, canes and top hats with the doorman. From that moment you'll be out of place and underdressed. I'm wrecking this evening already and loving every minute of it. Ruining this banquet for the mildly inspiring and...Please, leave all overcoats, canes and top hats with the doorman. From that moment you'll be out of place and underdressed. I'm wrecking this evening already and loving every minute of it. Ruining this banquet for the mildly inspiring and...When you're in black slacks with accentuating, off-white, pinstripes. Whoa, everything goes according to plan. I'm the new cancer, never looked better, you can't stand it. Because you say so under your breath. You're reading lips "When did he get all confident?" Haven't you heard that I'm the new cancer? Never looked better, and you can't stand it. Next is a trip to the, the ladies room in vain, and I bet you just can't keep up with, (keep up) with these fashionistas, and tonight, tonight you are, you are a whispering campaign. I bet to them your name is "Cheap", I bet to them you look like shh...Talk to the mirror, oh, choke back tears.

And keep telling yourself that "I'm a diva!" Oh and the smokes in that cigarette box on the table, they just so happen to be laced with nitroglycerin. I'm the new cancer, never looked better, you can't stand it.

Because you say so under your breath. You're reading lips "When did he get all confident?" Haven't you heard that I'm the new cancer? Never looked better, and you can't stand it. Haven't you heard that I'm the new cancer? I've never looked better, and you can't stand it. Haven't you heard that I'm the new cancer? I've never looked better, and you can't stand it. And I know, and I know, it just doesn't feel like a night out with no one sizing you up. I've never been so surreptitious, so of course you'll be distracted when I spike the punch. And I know, and I know, it just doesn't feel like a night out with no one sizing you up. I've never been so surreptitious, so of course you'll be distracted when I spike the punch. And I know, and I know, it just doesn't feel like a night out with no one sizing you up. I've never been so surreptitious, so of course you'll be distracted when I spike the punch.

this one looks too big in ie...but...chrome. i love chrome. eet looks nice in chrome.

brute help heart attack oh help
Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Fray Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:22 pm

Hmm Alright. (:

And do you have a better default picture? Because I am willing to change it. I was just trying to find something that wasn't specifically male or female. The child was just extra I guess. I am more than willing to change it however.

No round image corners? Got it boss! But to be honest I kinda liked that... And I don't know how I really feel about the centered text. Kinda like it kinda hate it. But to each their own. ^-^

And the quotes are cute aren't they? I put a lot of customization into the quotes, spoilers, and code boxes.

Spoiler:

Also what do you guys think of the scroll bar?! Huh huh huh?!You have to be in Chrome to see it and how it matches but I am going to look into editing it for all browsers.

Oh and to answer your question Tea... I use Chrome but I do have IE and FireFox installed as back up browsers usually just to see how things look in different browsers. But to be honest I never checked on this theme in multiple browsers.

EDIT: What do you mean by going back and forth with the username in the profile box? I haven't changed it. It should be the fancy font overlapping the profile. If you are looking at it in different browsers the font may not be installed for that browser which would cause it to change. Checking now it seems it only looks like that in Google Chrome for me. For FF and IE its plain... I will have to work on that with the next theme... Finding a font that works in all browsers.
Fray
Fray
Administrator

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:42 pm

Oh, don't be all sassy. You can keep your rounded corners all right, I won't let it bother me. :P

and as for the default avatar, why not something similar to the logo? Like, words, transparent background...

examples in a cute little spoiler:

The username font: I don't know. At first I thought it was switching back and forth, but it seems to have remedied itself now. I always use chrome. If it happens again I guess I'll let you know. Maybe I'm going crazy. It wouldn't surpise me.

EDIT: The scroll bar looks grand. Also, the edit buttons at the top of each post. They're cute, too  tongue

ANOTHER EDIT: Wait, but wouldn't the fonts in those examples clash with the font in the user? Crap. I didn't think this through. Well, that's why they're only examples, after all.

YET ANOTHER EDIT, THIS IS PROBABLY ANNOYING NOW: I figured it out, somewhat. On chrome, when I'm viewing the posts while not signed in, the font on the username isn't cute and curly. Logged on, it is. So it's not really a problem.
Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:51 pm

I use Safari on my Mac and FF on me ThinkPad. The clicker is different on Safari. And I'd really love to see the scrollbar! :D
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats
RP- Experience : ★★★★★

Back to top Go down

Post by Fray Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:50 am

Yes Brute the cursor is different and that should be for all browsers...

Everything else that Tea said... Got it. ;) I'll figure something out font wise and for the default avatars. Also I'll have to check with the other browsers if it changes when I log in...

Anyway I am probably going to start working on this new theme next week some time. I have to figure something new out for the buttons of things... the ones on here now don't really go with it. I just didn't have any that worked.
Fray
Fray
Administrator

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum