Ultimate RolePlay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's go DEFY TERROR

4 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Let's go DEFY TERROR - Page 2 Empty Let's go DEFY TERROR

Post by Brute Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:17 am

First topic message reminder :

There was a city, flourishing, its people and their homes milling in the streets. Every day was a happy day. Yet, as a terror got stronger, the city grew weaker. Crimes happened more often. Children were kidnapped. Men, fighting for their families, died.   

It kept getting worse. The smaller crimes began happening every day. Grenade bombs, though old and worn, were used to blow up the environment and scare people into hiding. There was nothing to eat other than some food in the standing houses, and no water other than from the dirty faucets of deserted houses.  

They wanted to kill ALL. The elderly died. The children died. The fathers died, and then the mothers. Unmarried people died. Teenagers died. But a few persisted on having their grip on life.                                                    

LET'S GO DEFY TERROR
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats
Forum Activity: Active
RP Activity: Active
RP- Experience : ★★★★★

Back to top Go down

Let's go DEFY TERROR - Page 2 Empty Re: Let's go DEFY TERROR

Post by Tealight Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:54 pm

OOC// have fun! :D

Kittie nodded and started towards the edge of the dump. Soon enough she was winding through rows and rows of dilapidated tents, along muddy sidewalks, and down grungy alleyways until things became subtly less tumbledown. By the time they found their way back to the corner of Ludlow and Hamilton, they could actually walk without sidestepping to avoid puddles.

"This is nice. I always did like this street. There aren't so many cracks in the sidewalk, you know, and if we didn't turn right...here...we would pass right by the road to the funeral home," Kittie said.

Then there was a clattering noise, like something tin knocking together, and suddenly a long-legged boy with white-ish blonde hair came tearing out of a nearby alleyway. Kittie was so startled she nearly fell backwards. The dark-headed boy whom Kittie had talked with earlier stumbled out of the same alleyway, armed with a bloodied stick of wood. Both guys disappeared down another street.  

Kittie frowned. "I really shouldn't have said anything to James."

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats
RP- Experience : ★★★★

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:57 am

Kat nodded slowly, shifting her feet. "So...." Kat tried starting some small talk. "Why did you ever decide to live in this particular city?" Kat racked her brain for something nice. "Like, I'd rather be back in Corvallis with my family, and I know that Eric would rather be in Ellsworth, Maine, and Alex in Old Town, Maine. Why did you decide to live here?"
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:39 pm

"I...guess I've never really thought of leaving. Like, we were born here, and when our parents died, we just...stayed. We could leave if we wanted to. There's enough people out to get us to make us wanna leave, too, but I guess you can see that." She pointed one carefully-painted index finger to the alleyway. "There went my brother, anyway. We should probably go after them. James won't hurt Theo with me around...So why are you here?"

Kittie mussed her short blonde bob and started towards the other side if the road. "Wait, no, I know where I'd be if I wasn't here. Brazil. I love monkeys. I met a monkey once at a fair."

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:04 pm

Kat listened intently, then, walking with Kittie, she saud, "Well, I'm here because I'm taking a break from school. Or I was. I found out Erica and Alex were in town, so I met up with them. Then we decided on a trip to the country to hike mountains for the summer. But we weren't allowed out of the city, and my car was confisticated. Then the bombing happened. And we were stuck." Kat sighed, shaking her head. "Completely stuck."

She smiled at Kittie's comment about Brazil and monkeys. "Well, I can't see why not. The only thing I would dislike about Brazil are the bugs and spiders." She shuddered. "Especially if they were in my bed. Aghh."
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:32 am

"That sounds...well, scary," remarked Kittie. "The being stuck and the spiders. Oh, and why would they take your car? Did they hurt you? Who is- oh! Is that blood?"

Kittie sprinted forward suddenly, splashing up muck, and stopped by the entrance to the alleyway.

"All I have to say is that it better be James'. Sorry, Kat, go on. Your car?"

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Kat hurried over to Kittie. "Well, they just took my car, because they did not like me having an automobile." Kat sighed. "Well, that's that."
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:38 pm

"Well, that's too bad. I've never driven so I guess I can't say I know the feeling."

Kittie started down the alley, following the thin trail of blood. Another corner was turned, another mud puddle charged through. Then there was more scuffling.

"So you don't like me, punk, you don't like me? I'll give you a reason not to like me."

Kittie slid into view just in time to watch James move towards Theo, swinging that stick of wood. They both already had a few nicks and bruises. The most notable probably being the wound on the side of Theodore's head. But you wouldn't know it by the way he ran. Boy, that kid could run. In a split second he noticed Kittie, dashed under James' bat, and used his whole weight to crash into his back. They both toppled over onto the concrete.

"Hey, bag!" Theo yelled.

Kittie rushed over to a trash can, pushed it over, and grabbed the black bookbag behind it. By the time this all happened James was scrambling up, cursing, and Theo was backing towards the wall nearest Kat.

"Ok, you win this time, stupid little mute." James spat and shoved his hands in his pockets. "But you'll have that money in two days. Two days. Two days or this'll end real bad for both of you."

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:06 am

Kat watched as two boys fought, then ended the fight quickly. She didn't know what was going on, until the fighting boy spoke.

"Ok, you win this time, stupid little mute. But you'll have that money in two days. Two days. Two days or this'll end real bad for both of you."

In a milisecond, Kat flicked her hand from a pouch at her side, pointed it directly at the speaking boy's stomach, and pulled the trigger, then extremely quickly sent the thing back to her pouch. When she looked up, there was a short stick in the kid's stomach, its end adorned with black feathers. Now it was her turn to speak, "This will end real bad for you." Then she turned and started walking away. She walked across the street and into an alleyway, then hurried up a firewalk. From her direction, a howl echoed. Then Kat was gone.

OOC: The thing she "stuck" into James is a makeshift arrow, tipped with a dose of nightshade.

IOC:
----------------------
Alex yawned, and poked at the fire. "Hey, Erica. Know when Kat'll be back?"
Erica shrugged.
A black dog peeked over the fence. "Go to bed, Lucky," Alex said, before pulling a piece of canvas over herself. Erica patted her deerhound, Lukas. Suddenly, a howl rang into the air, and both of them froze.
"Uh-oh." Alex clenched her teeth.
Erica looked at her worriedly. "Well, we know where she is."
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:15 pm

James coughed subtly, shocked. After a few seconds of staring he backed up, fumbled to get the arrow out of his stomach.

Kittie looked reasonably horrified.

"James?"

"What was in that?" he demanded shakily.

"I don't-"

"I said what's in it, Kittie!"

She didn't answer. Instead, she turned, ran, headed down the alley Kat had gone. Theodore followed suit. And Kittie knew by the look on his face - or, rather, the look she knew he was wearing, as it was quite dark - what he was wanting to know.

Eventually they slowed to a walk.

"Her name was Kat. She and her friends have some kind of dog farm...I met her at the old store when I was getting water, and I'm sorry I wasn't near the opera house. I know you were worried and blah blah blah, I'm sorry. We heard some kind of motorcycle, like what Dean and his Dad used to ride around in, and she told me to run and I was scared so I did. She seemed nice and her dog was named Lucky and I promise I have no clue what was in that dart-thing...what's going to happen to him?"

Silence.

Kittie had a sick feeling she knew exactly what he meant. She just shrugged and hugged herself. "Maybe you won't have to give him that money after all."

More silence.

"Look on the bright side. Oh, hush - well, no, don't look at me that way, Theo. I hope not, as bad as that sounds I guess. I hope he's ok even though he's mean and-and...he does have his mother to take care of, so maybe you shouldn't have taken so much. I'd be stressed out too if-"

"We needed the money."

"Why? You steal everything anyway, so I don't see why we needed it. We'd have enough money if we sold Dad's old gun. It doesn't work. We don't need it."

"And I guess we can sell Mom's old dresses and earrings too while we're at it. We don't need them. She certainly doesn't need them." Theo squinted. They'd finally come to a working street lamp. "I don't know how to get home from here."

"Well, no, I don't--what? Are we lost? I wanna find Kat and see what was in the dart, you know, and oh! Look at that bat Theodore."

Theodore didn't look at the bat. He was too busy shining a flashlight (which he had pulled from the bag) into the nearest store window. All there was was dust and cobwebs an covered furniture, and a painted sign that read LENNY'S BAR AND LOUNGE propped up against a table.

He flicked off the flashlight and sat on the sidewalk. This was a rustier part of town that he usually tried to avoid, especially in the company of his sister. Now that Theo knew where he was, he didn't dare stray from that streetlamp. 

Kittie, meanwhile, was scrounging through the bag.

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:23 am

5 minutes later, Erica and Alex were jogging out of the alleyways with their dogs at their heels.
"It's faster if we go down the big dangerous road." Alex motioned.
Erica grimaced. "And we know that she'd be waiting at the end."
Alex cursed. Lucky and Lukas sniffed the air.
Erica glanced at the dogs. "Something, or somebody, is nearby."
"Track." The one command from her owner caused Lucky to run off.
Alex, as well as Erica and Lukas not far behind, jogged along. When they turned a corner, they found Kittie and her brother talking. They sighed in relief. But the dogs kept sniffing, toward a very dark alleyway reeking of death.
"Off." Lucky stopped sniffing, but Alex started searching with her eyes. Then-- there. A pair of dark eyes staring out of the shadows. Then the person moved slightly, and Kat's face came into view.
Alex mouthed, Why?
Kat mouthed, Good reason., then glanced at the sibling talking.
Alex bared her teeth, something a wolf usually does when it is angry or frightened.
Kat rolled her eyes and disappeared into the shadows.
Alex nodded curtly.
Erica stepped forward to the siblings. "So, well, hi. Any problems need solving?" She looked at both kids.
Alex held the dogs.
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:11 am

"Alex! Hey! Have you seen Kat?" Kittie dropped the bag and rushed at the familiar face, as if she were an old friend she hadn't seen in years. "No, no problems. I think we just stopped here. We're fine."

Theodore shoved the light in his pocket and stood up. He gave Kittie a look that asked a million questions at once.

"I wouldn't be so sure. We really shouldn't be here this late," he said.

"Hey...wait, no, Theo--this was the one I met at the old store. I got it mixed up, I guess. I know them. This is Alex. This is...what was your name again? Wait, why shouldn't we be!" She looked at Erica, then Theodore.

Theodore didn't reply.

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:59 am

KAT IS MISSING!!!

Alex grinned and waved.
Erica answered Kittie's questions. "No probs? Alright! And yes, we have seen Kat. She is waiting for us right now." Eric looked around. "Do you know how to get back from this place?"
Alex grimaced. "Yeah, Eric, isn't this part o' town crap."
Erica smiled when Kittie tried to introduce. "I'm Erica. We're forming a group of people who want to get rid of the bad guys. We assigned a couple as scouting out where the bad guys like to hide out. We formed an alliance with a couple of prisoners who were being used as guards. And we started a roll. Eventually the rock will be pointed on us. We own a dog shelter to cover things up. Oh, and if ya wanna know, we're in bad guy territory."
"We call 'em the rival pack." Alex added.
Suddenly, the sound of heavy boots was heard on the street. Clunk, clunk, clunk.
"Oh, yes," Eric murmured. "And I believe we're going to have company right now."
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:07 pm

"Company?" Kittie did a surprised little turn, looking around for the source of the noise, the owner of those heavy boots that seemed to be getting nearer. But the light from the streetlamp only reached so far. Suddenly, even the cute little bats swooping over the light seemed spooky. And it suddenly felt so late. The girl was actually pretty frightened.

It didn't help that Theodore, behind her, started saying things under his breath. She knew he only did that when he was really, really stressed about something.

And all they could do was wait.

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:47 pm

The sound of heavy boots got closer. Alex and Erica were getting really nervous, but they hid it. Suddenly, a shadowed face appeared around the corner.

Then it all happened in a second.

The right hands of both girls flicked a thing from a small pouch at their sides. They moved in sync, as if rehearsing. Out of habit, Eric yelled, "Fire!" And then the strange, dangerous man was shocked full of sticks. He wavered, then keeled backwards. He landed with a thump on the pavement.

It all happened in a second.

Erica whistled. "Just like a hedgehog."
Alex muttered consent.
Eric shrugged. "Well, hell if it ain't bad guy territory. Should be dangerous."
The dogs whined.
Alex patted Lucky and Lukas. "Oh yeah. Expect murder." Alex looked sharply all around. "Well, everyone get over the shock? If you know how to get outa here, we'll be goin' on our way. It's gonna be a wild night for us."
"Oh yeah." Erica and Alex high-fived eachother.

----------------------------------

Down the road, a female figure sat on the doorsteps, clinking a glass bottle against the concrete steps of a tall, creaky house. She sighed, and placed the bottle on a step with a loud clink. In the tall, creaky doorway, a teen male stood. "When the hell... are they going to come?" he grumbled.
"Heck if I know, Austin," the female on the steps answered. "They made a few friends down the way."
The tall boy named Austin grunted.
The female cocked her head. "They're coming soon, though."
Austin scrutinized the dark figure sitting on the steps. "Say what? Heck, how d' ya know?"
The female ssnorted. "Sounds. Hearing. Duh. Common sense."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Austin sighed.
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:58 pm

OOC;; I happen to know an Austin that talks exactly like that. I keep reading it in his voice... :P

It really did all happen in a second. Theodore blinked once, twice. Looked at the girls, looked back. Not that he hadn't seen murder before. But never...like that. Man, Kittie sure did have a knack for picking up oddballs. He chewed the inside of his lip thoughtfully and glanced at his sister, who was staring at the girls.

"So those...things. They're...poison, right?" Kittie was asking. She pushed her bangs back from her face, scratched the back of her leg. "So that means that Kat-"

"I'm actually not sure what street this is," Theodore admitted, cutting off Kittie. As he said this, he took his hand away from his head, haphazardly realizing that he was bleeding. The boy just frowned, wiped it onto the front of his pants, and acted like nothing had happened.

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:24 pm

OOC:: LOL then I must be really good at imitating other people I don't know. I know an Austin who talks exactly NOT like that. :)

Erica answered Kittie quickly. "Yeah, pretty much. We farm geranium and nightshade for our poisons. It's quick-kill, not like we bludgeon our enemy's heads and make them bleed to death. None of that brutal stuff for us. Nightshade is preferable. Sometimes we use geranium, but nightshade is more potent."
Alex nodded. "Yeah, Kat used a geranium/nightshade mix. Not as potent as pure nightshade, but pure enough to kill 'em quick. No sufferring, don't ya worry. He got a special treatment, that's what we like to call it."
Eric winked.
Alex replied to Theo, "That's just fine. But do you mind coming along while we carry along some errands? We're in the middle of moving base camp of the scouts."
"You'll also get to have a word with Kat, if you want," Erica added.
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:38 pm

OOC;; I guess so! :0 AHH HOLY CRAP THERE'S A LITTLE GREEN TREEFROG INSIDE MY WINDOW IT'S SO CUTE AW...I just noticed it...but, anyway, onto the real post...

Theodore sighed, took the bag from Kitty, and slung it over his shoulder. He diverted his eyes from the group.

"I guess that's a yes then, huh?" Kittie said. "I'm really glad you two came along, you know. Theo, have you really never been this way?"

Theodore shrugged.

"I see. Hm. Then I'm really glad you girls came along."

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:35 am

Erica winked at Kittie.
"Stop up the winking." Alex looked up and down the road. "Kay, we're going now."
Alex led them in and around alleys, down the road a bit, then into a steep alleyway to a part of the junkyard. There was a long gate, with a sign saying CONSTRUCTION TRAFFIC ONLY. A little code-thing for opening the gate was in the corner. Into that, Alex typed a bunch of numbers. Once all were inside, the gate closed. Looking into the junkyard, there was a lot of stuff, tech stuff, and just stuff. There were also about ten houses along the rim of the junkyard.
"The first one," Erica said.
Alex nodded and led the others to the first of the houses, a brick one with shutters ajar and an empty doorway. But someone was sitting on the steps. And then, another came out of the shadows of the doorway.

--------------------------------------

"Here they come," The female on the steps said.
"Oh, shut up with your nonsense." Austin looked toward the small group. "Oh hey, they've brought comp'ny."
"Yeah, and keep finding an odd thing in this part of the world."
"Shut the f*** up, Kat." Austin snarled.
Kat looked at him, fuming. "You're telling me to shut it? Huh? Are you?"
Austin didn't answer.
"Well, you better not be, or you won't be standing anymore today." Kat picked up the glass bottle and clinked it hard against the concrete steps. "Well, it's time you got back from your little trip!" She called to the other group.
"Not so harsh there, we have another errand to do." Alex answered.
Kat shrugged. "We brought the dogs in."
"Nice. Bring these in too." Erica gave Kat Lucky and Lukas.
Kat held them by their collars and went around the building.
Alex sighed heavily, and climbed the steps, into the house. Erica quickly followed. The room was empty, but there was light coming from another room. Alex opened the door. There were tons of computers; computers on every table, and wires all over the floor. Austin and another teenage girl with purple flowers on her glasses were doing some unintelligeble stuff on the computers.
"Tech room, eh Kate?" Alex called over.
"Yeah. Just needs to fix everything nicely up." the teen girl said.
Alex nodded, closed the door.

----------------------------------

Kat came back around the house. "So...." She leaned against the brick wall of the house and casually contemplated the scenery.
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:00 am

The whole way there, Kittie had been walking alongside her brother, trying unsuccessfully to mimic Erica's wink; now, though, she stood outside the old house and looked up at it in awe. Theodore emitted a shrill wolf-whistle.

"Haven't seen one like this in awhile," Kittie said.

Theodore shrugged the backpack higher up on his shoulder and pulled his eyes away from the house. He glanced around the junkyard instead, then at the other houses. Maybe even more strangers lived in those.

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:48 am

Kat looked toward Kittie and Theo. Kittie was trying, unsuccessfully, to mimic Erica's wink, and Theo was looking toward the other houses. "These used to be old people's homes. The city guys even thought to give them an old house." Kat shook her head. "Now... we occupy the old houses. Some are crumbling right down the steps. We use those ones for something else. And then, of course, a few other kids live in the other houses, but not this one." Kat patted the brick side. "Base camp. If you want to, you can go to the other houses to peek around." Kat glanced at them, kicking a small rock along.
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:03 pm

Kittie examined her dress quietly, noting a few stains and tears here and there. She coughed, looked up again. "That sounds good and all, but it's pretty dark...How long are these errands going to take?"

She wandered over to the steps and sat down.

"Oh, and hey, other kids? How many do you guys got over here?" she questioned.

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:34 am

"I expect soon. But now Alex feels responsible for you guys, and she wants to make sure you are safe, y'know? She's thinking of moving you here." Kat looked at them. "Other kids and other adults have different jobs than Alex and Erica. There's the tech guys, for example. The evening shift is on, Austin and Kate are working. My job is relatively brutal and dangerous, so, if you want to become one of us, don't pick my job." Kat leaned against the wall, nonchalantly looking at them. "We've got a few allies."
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:01 pm

"Move us here...? You know what, I'm not even going to ask. And if you're not worried that I'll steal you blind..." Theo kicked a rock towards Kittie, and she started slightly; in turn, she kicked it back. The rock skidded out of sight. "...it sounds pretty good. I'm tired of that old funeral home anyway. It's really weird sleeping on a pew all the time."

He yawned and scratched his leg. Kittie wrinkled her nose and yawned as well, having seen her brother do it. It was rather amusing how similar they looked yawning.

After a pause, he added, "So what's the catch?"

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:20 am

Kat sighed. "Preferably you guys come live here. Uh--"
Alex peeked out of the doorway. She looked at Kat suspiciously.
Kat gave her a wry look.
Alex nodded and went back inside.
Kat continued talking to Kittie and Theo. "So, you guys are somehow going to move all of your stuff here, just to keep things from the bombs those idiots are going to shower down. Now, I expect you to get why we chose a brick and stone house for the old..." Kat sighed. "Getting back to the collecting things to save. I won't be taking you there, as I have to go along with my partner to size 'em up, see what sort of punk stuff they're doing. Erica might take you along, she's an extremely experienced scout. There's no hope for her to run away from this, Alex has trusted her a very long time, even back when they made a band thing called Remember the Oldies, in which they sang oldies songs endlessly, and me, even longer." Kat stopped.
Erica was standing in the doorway. "I can even give you an example!"
Kat rolled her eyes. "Not THAT one again."
Erica winked. "We sing all the top hits! Or try to."
"You are so not going to sing Young Turks or Piano Man or Hot Stuff or Only the Good Die Young or what ever else you have on your list."
"Oh, I am not going to sing any of them!" Erica grinned mischieviously.
Kat shook her head. "No, you are not." She went up the steps and into the house.
There was a shadow just beyond the doorway.
Erica put her hands on her hips. "No matter what you are."
"I will always be with you." Alex sang, appearing just beyond Erica.
"Doesn't matter what you do, girl... Erica sang.
"Oooo girl, with you..." Then Alex disappeared back inside.
Erica grinned broadly. "That was 'No Matter What' by Badfinger! They all made it up long ago." Erica winked. "Are you guys ready?"
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:07 pm

"Well, yeah!" Kittie said.

Theo looked away.

"C'mon! What time is it, Erica? This is so cool. Theo! Can you believe this? Now we'll get to see friends all the time! Just think, we're moving again already." The girl bounced off the step and into the grass. "This is great."

Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next