Ultimate RolePlay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some FAQ's

Go down

Some FAQ's Empty Some FAQ's

Post by Fray Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:05 pm

WORK IN PROGRESS!

Frequently Asked Questions.

This is a list of the forums frequently asked questions, it's intention being to assist you, the members, with navigating and using the forum. Should you have a question that is not found on this list then please... Do not hesitate to ask it in the sites help forum.

How can I set/change my avatar?
How can I change the color of my username?
How can I view new replies to my posts?
What is the 'Action' menu?
How do I edit a post? [coming soon]
How do I delete a post? [coming soon]

Last Updated 12/17/2013. ~Fray

Last edited by Fray on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:44 pm; edited 7 times in total
Fray
Fray
Administrator

Personal Stats
Forum Activity: Active
RP Activity: Not Really Active
RP- Experience : ★★★★

http://ibsole.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Some FAQ's Empty Re: Some FAQ's

Post by Fray Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:08 pm

How can I set/change my avatar?

Simple! On the top menu go to PROFILE. Then go to the fourth (4th) option over on the top profile menu labeled AVATAR. There are then four options for changing your avatar.

1- Uploading a picture off of your computer (it can not be greater than 150 pixels wide, 200 pixels in height and more than 64 KB, this message is displayed again on the  avatar page).

2- Uploading a picture off of another site.

3- Linking to an off site avatar.

4- Using one of the available avatars in the gallery.

Once you have your avatar selected simply press SAVE and you should be all set to go!

Back To Top.
Fray
Fray
Administrator

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Fray Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:13 pm

How can I change the color of my username?

You can't. Colored names are indicative of a group. Light blue for administrators, light green for moderators. These are currently the only groups on this forum and only the members of these groups will have colored names.

Back To Top.
Fray
Fray
Administrator

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Fray Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:25 pm

How can you view new replies to your posts?

There are actually a couple of ways this can be done.

The first way would be to bookmark your topic. This works by pressing the option 'Watch this topic for replies' which is located at the very bottom of the topic on the right side. This works on any topic, not just your own. These topics are then stored under the bookmark tab on the top menu, though they could also be located by going to your: PROFILE, then the seventh (7th) option over: TOPIC(S) BEING WATCHED. That's really just the long way...

Another option here would be to favorite it (though it will be spelled as favourite). This tends to be my preferred method, at least for actual roleplaying topics. To find this option simply go to the actions menu and select the first option on the second half of the menu, which is also the fifth option down.

Add to your favourites
Favorites the topic. Your favourites can then be viewed by going to: PROFILE and the eighth (8th) option over: FAVORITES.

Back To Top.

Last edited by Fray on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fray
Fray
Administrator

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Fray Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:31 pm

What is the 'Action' menu?

The Actions menu is a menu with eight options which can be found in the very top right hand corner of a topic. The options that appear are as follows:

View posts since last visit
This will display not only replies in topics you have posted in, but this will display every topic that has received a reply, or been created since the last time you visited the forum. This option can also be found directly below the chat box, and is the first (1st) option.

View your posts
This displays all the topics you have ever posted in. It would be another way to view replies to your posts... This option can also be found directly below the chat box, the second (2nd) option over.

View unanswered posts
This will display all the posts on the forum that have never received an answer. This option can also be found directly below the chat box, the third (3rd) option over.

Topic(s) being watched
Yet another way to take you to your watched topics. A.k.a- the bookmark option at the top of the forum.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Add to your favourites
Favorites the topic. Your favourites can then be viewed by going to: PROFILE and the eighth (8th) option over: FAVORITES.

Send to a friend
This will give you the option to email a friend a link to the topic you wish to share with them.

Copy BBCode URL
This will copy the URL to the topic and put it in BBCode. This one is a little more dificult to explain... but click it yourself to see what I mean.

Print this page
Will print the page...

Back To Top.
Fray
Fray
Administrator

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down