Forum Restart!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Forum Restart!

Post by Fray on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:09 pm

Okay guys! So as we all probably know... the forum seems to be basically dying. I feel like its part of my fault, I haven't given it any attention lately and Unforgiven hasn't been around... But I think we should try a restart.

With this restart will be a whole flurry of updates, the most obvious being the layout change (I know... again). A full list of what this restart will entail will be found below... I will be checking things off the list when they are complete so you can know what has been covered and what has not.

Complete Layout Change- The new layout is one I had created for a different RP site I had. That site is no longer around however I really liked the layout I had created for it. So I transferred it over to here. I know it is a bit brighter than what you are used to but hopefully it will grow on you.
Pop-Up Chatbox- We will be getting a pop up chatbox soon. You will be able to find the link for it in the bottom right hand corner.
Topic Clean Out- I will be going through and deleting a lot of old topics... Not archiving them. Completely deleting. The currently active RP's people have going will not be touched. So don't worry. If there are any less active topics you want saved, please let me know by posting the topic link as a reply here and I will make sure it gets saved.
Reputation- There will be a little update to the whole reputation system as well as a sort of bar to display a persons rep.
Advertise, Advertise, Advertise- I will be trying to promote the site how I can and it would be appreciated if you could as well. If we get new members who make an intro topic and say you directed them here, then you could be awarded points.
Site Store- I know this has been a long time talked about.. But I am hoping to finally get it set up.
Notification Bar- I will probably end up activating the notification bar and editing it...

Spot Any Bugs? If you spot any bugs related to this restart/update... please report them here! Be as descriptive as possible with your report so I know what to look for and fix!

~Fray
Fray
Administrator

Personal Stats
Forum Activity: Active
RP Activity: Not Really Active
RP- Experience : ★★★★

http://rp-central.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Forum Restart!

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:03 pm

I don't mean to be rude Fray, but I don't think much can be done. The site's kinda just become too boring and inactive for many people to get their muse back. A lot of sites go through it, and only the best come out the other end.

On a side note; could we please get the quick reply box background changed to white? It's impossible to see what I'm typing :/

CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Location : Mostly Omnipresent, more Omnipresent at dawn and dusk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fray on Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:08 pm

I don't think you rude at all. Your right, people find it boring. I am only trying to fix it. I don't expect to get very big or maybe even extremely active but the least I can do is try and give the place some attention. It has just been neglected for so long, and the fact that even Tea seems to have departed tells me just how much. Part of that can be put on me, but when I had kind of left to deal with some personal stuff, unfogiven had been active at the time. But why should anyone else care about the forum if the administration doesn't seem to? Anyway to get to my point... I am going to try anyway so just humor me. ^·^

And yes I had meant to do that the other day when I changed the layout but I shall do so now.

~Fray
Fray
Administrator

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Night Whispers on Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:35 pm

I've been stalking the site for a while to see if anyone would return! It seems that I was rewarded!

Sounds awesome, I'll do the best I can to help out around here! If you need advertisement, CritterCosmos is a good place to start. It's chock full of people leaving FF because of the latest staff drama!

I'm gonna try to get back into rping and help the site get back on it's feet! Msg me if you want to talk, or rp!
Night Whispers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fray on Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:30 am

Oh gosh. The forum reset was an idea from forever ago that kind of fell through when the main admin went inactive...
Hmm... but you know... I have been kind of down lately and could use something to keep me busy I think so... Why not try to breath some life into this place again. Or I could at least give it a new theme given that the old one I made seems to have broken.

~Fray
Fray
Administrator

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content