Ultimate RolePlay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are You Poor or Rich? (always opened)

4 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Are You Poor or Rich? (always opened) - Page 3 Empty Are You Poor or Rich? (always opened)

Post by ~Wings~ Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

In this future Earth, there are new ways. The question is, where do you stand? It has been decreed by the ruler of this land that all those have no money will be sold as property. You can run, you can hide, but the security of the land will find you. Who do you belong to? Those who can afford to buy you. The prices are extremely high, only the rich have, as they are called, poor-lives, or poor-workers.
Those who have money are REALLY rich! They can afford any price.
Unless already bought the first scene in this ropleplay will be an auction for the poor-workers.
You can only be a poor-worker or an owner. I have witnessed threads get over run with one type of character so I will, for now, accept four of each kind. After that then it must be even unless give you permission.

Rules
°rules of the site
°have fun!

forums
owners

name:
appearance: (detailed description or URL)
poor-workers owned: ( if you own any)
poor-workers your interested in-(these are those you might buy)
other:

poor-workers

name:
appearance: (detailed description or url)

Owners and their Poor-workers (will be updated all the time)

Un-owned Poor-workers
Cassandra (me)

My forum.
Name: Cassandra
appearance: http://image.blingee.com/images17/content/output/000/000/000/5f0/520404542_1964081.gif
~Wings~
~Wings~
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Are You Poor or Rich? (always opened) - Page 3 Empty Re: Are You Poor or Rich? (always opened)

Post by Brute Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:05 pm

Dahlia grinned. "I'd be happy to teach you-- wait, you can come over to our house this evening, if you like. As for speaking German, I can't. Lea speaks wonderful Irish, though. I, myself, speak some French."

Lea smiled, her eyes lighting up when Dahlia praised her.
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats
Forum Activity: Active
RP Activity: Active
RP- Experience : ★★★★★

Back to top Go down

Are You Poor or Rich? (always opened) - Page 3 Empty Re: Are You Poor or Rich? (always opened)

Post by Tealight Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:47 pm

Since she now knew that Dahlia hadn't understood a word the servant boy had said, a little of the high color left her cheeks. Peony looked a little surprised at being invited. She had expected to be the one doing the inviting.

"That's...excellent. I'd like to hear it sometime," she said to Lea, with warmth. Then she cleared her throat and looked to Dahlia. "You're in earnest? You'll teach me?"

Last edited by Tealight on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats
RP- Experience : ★★★★

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:41 am

(Tea light, where's Glens reply? D: I'd be surprised if you missed my post :P)
CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Location : Mostly Omnipresent, more Omnipresent at dawn and dusk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:09 pm

(Well, I was thinking I'd wait for Wings...but...yeah. It's been a while, hasn't it? I'm sorry.)

Glen followed along to the doorstep in silence. Once they were taken inside, and given their little speech, everything sort of clicked into place, at least for Glen.

"He's a bachelor!" he concluded, almost laughing a little. The master had disappeared into his room. "He must be! Look at this place, did you hear the way he talked? My second owner, the first one I was sold to, he was a bachelor too. Can you believe how lucky we are?" It seemed like he was more thinking out loud than actually expecting Cassandra to answer. He limped excitedly from place to place as he spoke. "Can you believe it? Wow.."

Eventually, after getting mostly over his giddy relief, he took to the right staircase and climbed to the second balcony, the third floor, where he entered the first room he found (which wasn't Jack's room, he made sure if that). Glen sat down on the bed for a moment, quite thrilled that he had a bed. He fetched clothes out of the wardrobe, then went searching for a bathroom, which he found right across from the room he had picked (again, not Jack's). Once cleaned up, bundled up in a blue jacket of waterproof material, jeans, and a shirt devoid of sleeve-holes or dirt, he folded his old clothes and towel, sat them on the floor by his bed; and left the room to go to the window at the end of the hall.

Trees. Nothing else, though he craned his neck to see. Uninteresting trees.
Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:56 pm

Dahlia laughed. "Of course I'll teach you! Lea loves making recipes, so we'll try some of hers. Maybe she can teach you some. I'm not an awesome teacher." Dahlia smiled at Lea.

"I'll be willing to help you learn how to cook," Lea said quietly. "It's actually rather easy to follow recipes. The trouble is making those recipes," she added, with a little giggle.
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:44 pm

"Well, I'll be a glad pupil anyhow. It's really very generous of both of you, to give your time, and--speaking of time-" Peony pulled on a delicate chain around her neck and produced, from behind the ruffles on her blouse, a silver pocketwatch-style clock that she wore rather as a necklace. She flicked it open to see the time, squinting painfully. Hand-painted, behind the clock hands, was a single pink peony. "Hm...twelve thirty-one. Can we meet at three? My husband is supposed to be back around one o'clock, for about an hour before he catches the plane for Suriname, and I'd like to see him. Or I could come later, if you have other engagements." She looked up from the watch, looking imploringly at Dahlia, and asking hopefully: "You don't, do you?"
Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:27 pm

"Oh, no, we'll be free all afternoon and evening," Dahlia responded. "Our days are usually like that; we never have such wonderful company."
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:48 pm

"That's very sweet of you," Peony replied, relieved. "I should be going now. I still have a little shopping to do, and I have to tend the garden, and, well, I'm sure you understand about all that. Goodbye, Miss Dahlia, Miss Lea. Three o'clock sharp. Remember, now."

..three o'clock, three o'clock...

She smiled, waved, turned around. Her straw-colored hair and sunhat bobbed behind her until she was lost in the crowd. Only seconds later, Peony resurfaced, squeezing through the throng, rushing back up to them, looking so embarrassed. She said, "I forgot to ask where you live."
Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:25 pm

"Uh..." Lea started quietly right before Peony left, then watched as Peony rushed away.

Dahlia smiled as Peony came rushing right back, asking where Dahlia and Lea lived. "We live on Birdsong Drive, which you can get to be going on Main Street, then turn on Peace Boulevard, and then on Woods Lane. Go down Woods about a mile, then you'll find a dirt road with a sign saying Birdsong Drive. Just follow that road until the end, which is about 2-3 miles." She smiled, amused. "Three sharp, see you there!"
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:03 am

"Yes, see you, thank you..." Peony wobbled a little, and almost dropped her bag. She took a deep breath. "Thank you so much. I won't be late."

Then she ran away as fast as her legs could carry her (for good, this time), giddy with the thought of the look on her husband's face when she told him that she actually had plans. He would probably call her a liar. And she couldn't wait. Now, if she took twenty minutes to finish her shopping, a thirty minute drive...Angus could be home by the time she was walking to the front gate.

---

Eliza put the key in the lock, twisted, and pushed open her heavy oak door. She expected to find a curly-headed, mustached redhead packing in the living room. But instead she found Rylen eating a bagel on her couch, reading one of the gossipy magazines Eliza kept in a basket under the coffee table.

"You...you know what day it is, don't you?" She set her shopping bag on the counter.

"How recent are these magazines?"

"I...there should be a mailing date on the back....why-?"

"I'm trying to find information on a certain personage I met at the auction today..."

"So you're looking in my tabloids? That still doesn't tell me why you're in my house."

Rylen glanced up at this, looking unusually murderous, and flipped the magazine closed. "I couldn't find your laptop, Eliza, so I had to find something to occupy myself. I didn't know you'd be so touchy today...I can leave." Rylen took another lipsticked bite out of the bagel and stood, gathering the coat she had spread neatly over the sofa's back. Eliza sighed.

"It's by the cookbooks," Eliza said. Rylen smiled at her.

She excused herself to her bedroom, locked it. Thirty minutes passed. There were no new cars in the driveway. She peered out from blush-colored curtains periodically.  In decades, it seemed, the clock above her fireplace read two thirty.

Rylen insisted she come, too. She said it might be dark by the time Eliza got back, and that she didn't like being by herself at night. Eliza had known her long enough to know that this was true, but it still seemed like she was using it, this time, to manipulate.

They arrived at what she hoped was Dahlia's exactly three minutes late.
Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:12 pm

As the car came in, anybody in the car would see a slightly widened driveway, where somebody would park. As they came out of the car, they would see a four-story dark green house supported by three enormous white pines. All the trees around were conifers, ranging in size from a few inches tall to a hundred feet tall. Stone steps led up to an oval cobalt door, with a small peephole roughly in the middle of it, and a press-down handle.

Lea was in her room on the second floor, sitting in her round bed, which was actually a mattress squished into a trampoline, and reading Harry Potter avidly. Her huskie/German shepherd mix, Reo, lay stretched out on the floor. When he heard the car come in the driveway, he leaped up, looked out the window, then ran out the bedroom door. Lea reluctantly put down her book and went to the downstairs kitchen to prepare for the cooking session.

Dahlia, who had been outside with another one of their five dogs, a border collie mix named Fleetwood, had been weeding the garden in the back of the house. When Fleet heard the car come in, he ran around the house, ready to greet the newcomers. Dahlia came out in front a little later than Fleet, with a big, welcoming smile on her face.

"Hey there!" Dahlia called out. "Ready to cook?"

Fleet pawed at the dirt at Dahlia's feet, then sat down, waiting for a command.
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:31 pm

Peony slammed the car door, smiling, nodding. She jogged up to Dahlia. Rylen was walking, taking her time, a few feet behind them.

"She was sort of a surprise visitor. I couldn't leave her alone,"  Peony explained quietly. Then she introduced the two. "Miss Dahlia, this is Rylen Oliver. Rylen, this is Miss Dahlia."

Rylen offered her hand to the stranger with a tepid smile. "Evening."
Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Wings~ Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:41 pm

sorry guys, for some reason I stopped getting emails saying there had been any responses, can some tell me what I missed?
~Wings~
~Wings~
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:54 am

(uhhhhh, you are in this very big house with Jack and Jack just went in a random room then came out and changed his clothes. In Dahlia's world, she just invited a gal from the fish market to learn to cook at her house. That's about it, I think, basically.)

Dahlia nodded at the newcomer, Rylen, with a warm smile, and shook her hand. "Good evening to you, Rylen." Then she addressed the pair as a whole. "The drive go okay? Not too long, I hope," she said cheerfully.
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by ~Wings~ Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:10 am

Cassandra watched her ne owner. She was silent because she was nervous. Cassandra looked at Glenn. she silently asked what are we going to do?
~Wings~
~Wings~
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:42 am

CPT Revenge Unit #27 wrote:The car eventually came to a stop about two or three meters away from the front doors of the house, at which point Jack opened his car door and got out, closing it behind him. He then took his keychain up to the lock of the front door, unlocked it, then opened it.
The interior of the house was a deep shade of grey, albeit not completely black but not too far from it either. The lobby to the house was almost identical to that which would be expected in the movies; a huge room that had the floor on the bottom floor and the roof going as high up as it could, with a pair of spiral staircases made from what looked and felt like marble, each being an equal distance from each other and from the middle of the room. The stairs allowed access to each of the internal 'balconies,' being a total of four stops without including the ground floor. Jack held the door open for the two, and upon them entering shut it behind himself, casually pocketing the keys, kicking his shoes off next to the door,  then cleared his throat so that he had their attention and could speak to them. "Right, welcome to my place, blah blah blah. If you make a mess, clean it up. If you ARE a mess, clean yourself up. Don't go in my room, and don't use my toilet, it'll be fairly obvious which they are. You can go pick whatever room you please, there should be clothes inside which will probably fit you. Pick your room which isn't mine, find the nearest toilet which isn't mine, then find the nearest bathroom. Pick a towel in said bathroom, clean yourselves up, then get dressed in whatever you please, and then occupy yourselves with something." He then turned and climbed up one of the staircases, stopping on the second floor and heading towards a seemingly random door. As he was about to enter the room, he turned back to them temporarily. "One last thing: Don't try running away. The implant and collar have a taser built into them, and they will send out a beacon after reaching a certain distance away from the mansion or me, and I really don't want to have to hurt you two, so just... Just chill, at least for today." He then entered the room and shut the door behind him, leaving the two to their own devices.
Tealight wrote:(Well, I was thinking I'd wait for Wings...but...yeah. It's been a while, hasn't it? I'm sorry.)

Glen followed along to the doorstep in silence. Once they were taken inside, and given their little speech, everything sort of clicked into place, at least for Glen.

"He's a bachelor!" he concluded, almost laughing a little. The master had disappeared into his room. "He must be! Look at this place, did you hear the way he talked? My second owner, the first one I was sold to, he was a bachelor too. Can you believe how lucky we are?" It seemed like he was more thinking out loud than actually expecting Cassandra to answer. He limped excitedly from place to place as he spoke. "Can you believe it? Wow.."

Eventually, after getting mostly over his giddy relief, he took to the right staircase and climbed to the second balcony, the third floor, where he entered the first room he found (which wasn't Jack's room, he made sure if that). Glen sat down on the bed for a moment, quite thrilled that he had a bed. He fetched clothes out of the wardrobe, then went searching for a bathroom, which he found right across from the room he had picked (again, not Jack's). Once cleaned up, bundled up in a blue jacket of waterproof material, jeans, and a shirt devoid of sleeve-holes or dirt, he folded his old clothes and towel, sat them on the floor by his bed; and left the room to go to the window at the end of the hall.

Trees. Nothing else, though he craned his neck to see. Uninteresting trees.

Actually, Jack never came out. Glen did. But he was upstairs.

"No, no. The drive was enjoyable. All the trees...I wouldn't mind living this far out," Peony replied. She looked a little anxious. Rylen cast her eyes towards the house.
Tealight
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:01 pm

Dahlia smiled. "Alright hen, come in," she welcomed the two inside the house. "I expect Lea's in the kitchen, getting ready. If you'll follow me this way..." Dahia led the two down a long, narrow, hallway, past several colourful rooms. She led them to the backof the house, where there were two rooms, connected by a short hall. To the left was the kitchen, and to the right was a dining room. Dahlia led the pair into the kitchen. Lea was at the kitchen island in the middle, her hand on a fat mackerel and her other hand wielding a large butcher knife.

"Good evening," Lea greeted Rylen and Peony.
Brute
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum