The Genesis Chronicles.

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Genesis Chronicles.

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:51 am

First topic message reminder :

The pods struck the ground with tremendous force, burying themselves slightly with loud thuds. The ground around them was scorched from the friction with the air they had received, but the contents of them were unharmed. The first few pods were entirely metal, with hatches on the exterior; these stored items such as food, clothes, and weapons, each with a full name stenciled onto the front. The next few pods, were different however, the fronts being made of glass, revealing the frozen beings within. Their memories were unaltered, like many might believe; but some would prefer to forget. They had been lucky enough to be able to join the New Genesis program, a program that would help the inhabitants of earth survive once the world was destroyed. And destroyed it was.
Earth was unable to sustain the races that inhabited it anymore. After the ores within the planet were removed for industrial purposes, the earth was an empty husk, a frail shell with over a trillion lives upon it. A husk which imploded upon itself, destroying the world.
After a few minutes, the pods had cooled enough to allow the inhabitants to exit their deep cryogenic stasis. The first door slid open, and out stepped the half-avian, half-human form of Jack Ike. As he stepped out of his pod, the first thing he did was stretch the large, obsidian-black wings on his back, then take a breath. He ruffled the feathers on his head, then stepped towards the storage pod that had his name on it.

This man, along with the others in the pods, was Colony Omnicron of the New Genesis program.

(Join quick; once we leave the pod area, nobody else will be able to join for awhile. Pretty much any race is accepted: Full human, Neko, mostly animal, pretty much anything as long as your character can talk.)

CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Location : Mostly Omnipresent, more Omnipresent at dawn and dusk.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Genesis Chronicles.

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:36 pm

"Yeah, exactly. Gracchus, please shut up. I'm starting to doubt if you properly understand English, because your obviously not understanding me properly. We are not orbiting your sisters. The closest star that isn't the centre of this Solar System is a complete Lightyear away. Secondly, what makes you think they speak Latin, which might be more dead than you think? Seriously, they're more likely to speak Avinglish if they can speak and fly. Eighteen different flying races developed the exact same language on earth, so if we're lucky it's the same here. Now, if your able to, please shove a cork in it, as I obviously know more than you do, and you haven't suggested any alternatives to the forest." He then pulled out his rifle, loaded a strange bullet into it, and aimed at the rouge. "Additionally, you won't be booting anyone's ass out of here. You don't have any boots." He then fired at the creature. The strange bullet whizzes through the air, leaving a glowing trail in its wake, and upon striking the creature, the creature let out a loud hiss, then vanished in a puff of smoke. "Those things are easy to kill. Now let's go." He said, walking towards the forest.

CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:06 am

Pia sighed and shrugged her backpack higher on her shoulders. She was still a little woozy from the fright it had given her seeing that rouge-thing, all teeth and bite and wisp; so, just barely, she teetered to the left a bit. But soon she could walk straight again and she was moving through the grasses in her original route, hugging that journal tight to her chest and stepping with great care.

"Do you two think you could fight like that and walk at the same time?" she called over her shoulder.  Pia started to turn around to see if they were coming.

One wrong step, and...

Immediately the ground was zooming up to meet her.

. . .

Pia was out for ten seconds, at most. When she came to, her eyes flew open, vision swimmy, and flopped onto her back. On her left leg, much too quickly, the skin around her ankle was swelling. A few prickly fibers stuck out of the skin. They were shiny, black-blue against gray skin. A few had rubbed off when it's plant had brushed by her leg.

She bit the inside of her cheek until it bled and the stinging in her ankle stopped--that was when the numbness took over. All over her ankle, down into her foot, she suddenly couldn't feel. Pia sat up and coughed.
Tealight

Personal Stats
Forum Activity: Active
RP Activity: Active
RP- Experience : ★★★★

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute on Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:19 pm

Gracchus swore so deeply. Then, when he saw Pia fall, he hurried over to her worriedly. "Pia? Here, let me help you. You can ride on my back." He gently offered a handlike paw to the girl, argument forgotten yet again.

94% of Girls would cry if justin Bieber were about to jump off a skyscraper. 6% would push him off, the grab popcorn and a camera and shout, "DO A FLIP!!!" Put this in your siggie if you are part of that 6%.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, but unless life also gives you sugar, your lemonade is going to suck. So, if life gives you lemons, throw them at Justin Bieber and or One Direction.

Click this for an awesome party song!!! =D 
COME ON, PEEPS!!! LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats
RP- Experience : ★★★★★

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattyrat97 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:11 am

"Gracchus don't tuch her" Kane yelled. He ran to Pia and pulled out a small bag with a Red Cross on it. Kane pulled a bandidge and a packet out of the small bag. He emediatly opened the packet to reveal a damp cloth that had a strong smell and wiped down Pia's ankle then warped the bandidge around it tightly.
Mattyrat97
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:23 am

Jack raced over to Pia. "Careful Kane, there might be another one!" He said, carefully looking about in the grass for another plant like the one that attacked Pia. "Looks like some sort of venom, constrict the blood flow just in case." He said, spotting another plant. "Well, I guess that's why there's no life out here. Careful Gracchus, we need to make sure the poison doesn't spread much, but flight seems like a good option."

CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute on Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:38 pm

Gracchus nodded. There wasn't much he could do here. "Fire would kill any infection, and probably any living venomous plant in the area. I guess these organisms don't speak Avinglish." He raced around on four paws, sniffing around. He stopped at a suspicious-looking clump of grass. He heated up a paw, then stuck a fiery paw in, parting the grass. The vegetation smoldered. When his hand came back out, his paw was fully on fire and green liquid was boiling and burning from it. "Ick."

94% of Girls would cry if justin Bieber were about to jump off a skyscraper. 6% would push him off, the grab popcorn and a camera and shout, "DO A FLIP!!!" Put this in your siggie if you are part of that 6%.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, but unless life also gives you sugar, your lemonade is going to suck. So, if life gives you lemons, throw them at Justin Bieber and or One Direction.

Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:03 am

Pia got nervous, what with everyone looking at her, and hid her face in her knees while Kane wrapped her ankle. She was oblivious, like the rest of them, of the pretty little pins that were being pushed into her skin with every wrap. The ankle was so swollen and numb she couldn't feel a thing.

"Thanks, Kane." Her voice was muffled. "You should be our EMT. You're fast." She peeked up from her knees at him and smiled, then looked around for Gracchus. He was, of course, destroying something. Pia shivered.
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute on Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Gracchus waited until everything had boiled off his paw, then lumbered back over to the group. "I see, m'lady, that you are injured and cannot travel very far. I will, uh, fly up and see if I can find the closest shelter, whatever that could be. And I'll make sure it is safe before any of you try getting into it. Take care of yourself." He gave a quick nod to Pia and a pointed glare at Ike, then narrowed his fire eyes at the cast. He turned away, resisting an urge to take a closer look at the injury, then beat his enormous wings and flew high into the air. But, still he could not keep his mind off Pia's wound.

Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattyrat97 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:13 pm

Kane swore. He had realised that not all the pins were out. He immediately started unwrapping the bandidges and started pulling out all the pins. Then he whipped it down again and wraped it back up tight.
Mattyrat97
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:22 am

Jack noted the glare from Gracchus, and waited until he was out of hearing distance. "I really hate that guy." He grumbled. He then turned back to Pia and Kane. "Hopefully it's not lethal, just some sort of pain-inducing chemical of an irritant. I wish Gracchus hadn't squashed that, because it could've been used for an antidote." He then looked around, still seeing nothing but the forest. "I don't know what he's looking for, because when I was up there there was nothing but plains and the forest." He then sat down, realising they were unlikely to go anywhere anytime soon. "So, since we'll be here for some time, we might as well get to know each other better. Pia, I'm guessing you were an astronomer, perhaps?" He asked.

CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:20 am

From the air, Gracchus's sharp eyes watched Kane rewrap the injury. Then he turned his mind to the job at hand. He flew higher, and higher, and higher, until he was gasping for nitrogen, which meant he was really high. He glimpsed the smooth surface of a lake, and a mountain range in the distance. Then he clapped his wings to his sides and free-fell to earth, extending his wings only when he was a foot above landing. "There is a lake in the distance, along with a mountain range. We should make for that... flying. I will carry Pia, since I'm the only tetrapod of this obnoxious pack of bipeds." He sniffed, since his sharp ears had heard what Ike had mentioned about him. "You don't want a kappura hating you."

Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:06 pm

Jack was fuming. They'd only been together for an hour at best, and he already wanted to kill this stupid pompous dog. He stood there, glaring at Gracchus, before finally coming to a decision. "Nope, screw it." He said to himself, and he then moved with a speed and fluidity that Gracchus would not easily match. Within a few moments Gracchus's head was beneath Jack's boot, with a bruise on the side of it, and a pair of handguns in Jack's hands, one aiming at Gracchus' skull, the other at his heart. This had occurred when Jack had swiftly drawn his rifle, however he used it as a club instead, and successfully merged the drawing and the clubbing into one swift motion, violently hitting Gracchus on the right side of his head with the butt of the gun. He then quickly discarded the gun, and promptly brought his foot down on Gracchus' head with his right boot, the motion of the clubbing moving it downward enough for him to successfully do so and push His face into the dirt. While the stomp was underway, he drew both of his hand guns, and positioned them at their current location. Jack's attack was swift, and very very difficult to avoid due to it. "Now you listen to me." He growled into Gracchus' ear, which he leaned down slightly to speak into. "If you do not treat me with respect, you stupid hellhound, I will put you down. Ok? I will fricking kill you. I've had enough of your stupid act, and it is time for you to start thinking before you dump your garbage out of your mouth. And don't say I won't kill you, because we both know I have motive, and I know I have means. Remember the ancient warrior clan I mentioned of? Yeah, we hunted you guys, and anything from your world that was stupid enough to end up on earth. And if you don't believe me, then tell me how I killed that 'rouge' of yours." He was fed up with Gracchus, and was more than willing to sort out the problem. "You don't want an Ike hating you."

CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:26 pm

"I don't know what made you think I was an astronomer...I'm actually a scientific illustrator. I-" She stopped, because at this time Gracchus came to report. And then came the scene previously described.

. . .

Pia slapped Kane's hand away from her ankle and started to get up; left foot forward, and it buckled.

"You-" she said breathlessly, pushing herself back up, "-will not be killing anyone, Jack Ike. That dog is my ride. Unless you plan on carrying me all the way to that lake."
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattyrat97 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:19 pm

Kane started laughing quietly.
Mattyrat97
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:39 pm

Jack growled. He knew Pia was right, but he was still more than willing to deal with Gracchus once and for all. After a moment he pushed Gracchus' face into the dirt a little more, holstered his pistols, then went and retrieved his rifle. He then looked over at Kane. "What's so funny." He growled.

CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:50 pm

Gracchus was surprised, but he got over his surprise quickly. Breathing hard in outrage, he waited as Pia instructed Ike to stop. The kappura was actually pretty surprised that Ike wasn't feeling the great heat coming off of Gracchus in waves, or maybe Ike just thought the heat came from himself. Once Gracchus managed to stand, he blew a stream of fire just far enough so that Ike's feathers smoldered. "I know you already hate me," Gracchus growled, "So why try to start again?" He lumbered over to Pia, tipping his head politely. "If you wish, milady, we may start flying now, to the lake. It is not close by, but we will have to get there before dark, whenever dark is." He bowed his large head in respect for Pia, then waited in silence for her response.

(Picture of Gracchus coming as soon as my mother's computer starts working again! CAUTION: He is extremely ugly.)
((Size of Gracchus: About the size of a carriage horse, so Jack Ike must be pretty strong. xD ))

Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattyrat97 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:08 pm

Kane was now laughing out loud and almost started to cry. He realised that Jack was not impressed and turned to face him. "We are so screwed".

Mattyrat97
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:38 pm

((Gracchus seems a bit unbalanced, just saying. You don't have to change him if you don't want, we can just find ways of making the other end of the scales heavier.))

"I thought you said you were looking for shelter." Growled Jack, putting out the small flames on his feathers. "A lake is the opposite of that. It's more open than these plains, and we're more at risk from an underwater assault. We'd still have better luck going into the forest. We'll need to soon anyway, so would you please stop delaying. If you had to go all the way up into the damn thermosphere to spot it, there's a slim to none chance we'll get there before dark, which again leaves us open and vulnerable." He stifled a single laugh, as he had easily proven that the lake would be a bad idea at this point. "Plus, we're trying to find the core pod. If it's at the bottom of the lake we're stuffed, the electrics would have fried and we'd be locked out." Jack turned slightly, and pointed in the direction of the forest.

Last edited by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:25 pm

"Do whatever you need to do, Gracchus, just don't throw me off," she replied, her voice softening down to it's normal level. Pia was so exasperated by their sudden spat that she wasn't even nervous as she clambered up onto the hound's back. She placed herself in front of his wings, intertwined her fingers in the coarse fur.

She listened, but, after awhile, Jack's voice was honestly starting to get on her nerves. So was their fighting. Kane had rather the right idea, she thought.

But, always the mediator, she immediately scooted up close to Gracchus ear and lowered her voice. "Hey...please, can you just humor him today? I know Jack's obnoxious, but he's still an asset to the colony, and...he's kind of right, in a way. Even if we did get to the lake before dark, we wouldn't have long to set up camp, and we'd be out in the open. So why don't we go to the forest today, and in the morning we can go check out the lake on our own, huh? Does that sound good?"

She ruffled a little of his neck fur and smiled, hopeful.
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute on Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:57 am

"Anything sounds hopeful the way you put it," Gracchus grunted approvingly. "I'll shut up, and you can do the talking." And shut up Gracchus did, though shifting his feet and glaring at Ike. He snorted as if he was the average horse, and pawed the ground with his hand-like paws. He bared his teeth, and a few flames licked along his teeth. One could see that his tongue wasn't glowing red anymore; it was glowing blue, and likewise were the claws and teeth. His pools were gradually turning white.

Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattyrat97 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:56 pm

Kane started laughing uncontrolibly and fell onto his back. "Wait... you want to take a lava crying dog into a forest... Um yea let's see how that turns out for you". Kane said as he stoped his litle laughing perade.
Mattyrat97
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute on Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:57 pm

*les bumpes* since no post

Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Jack muffled a brief laugh. "Kane has a point. We might have to leave him outside the forest, or cover him in something non-flammable. A wildfire would probably be a bad idea."

CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute on Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:29 am

Gracchus growled. "I'm not goin' into a forest anytime soon. I'm not. You can do whatever you want, but I'm not following you to my death." He stood, large and stoic beside Pia. He slowly extended his great wings and flapped once, then folded them again.

Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight on Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:38 pm

"Ok, well, I tried." sighed Pia, straightening. She quickly realized that talking about the situation wasn't getting them anywhere. So, instead, she tightened her grip on the beast's fur.

She spoke to Gracchus: "Actually, let's just go to that lake now, ok? If they don't want to come they can go wallow in that silly forest themselves."
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top