The Genesis Chronicles.

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Genesis Chronicles.

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:51 am

First topic message reminder :

The pods struck the ground with tremendous force, burying themselves slightly with loud thuds. The ground around them was scorched from the friction with the air they had received, but the contents of them were unharmed. The first few pods were entirely metal, with hatches on the exterior; these stored items such as food, clothes, and weapons, each with a full name stenciled onto the front. The next few pods, were different however, the fronts being made of glass, revealing the frozen beings within. Their memories were unaltered, like many might believe; but some would prefer to forget. They had been lucky enough to be able to join the New Genesis program, a program that would help the inhabitants of earth survive once the world was destroyed. And destroyed it was.
Earth was unable to sustain the races that inhabited it anymore. After the ores within the planet were removed for industrial purposes, the earth was an empty husk, a frail shell with over a trillion lives upon it. A husk which imploded upon itself, destroying the world.
After a few minutes, the pods had cooled enough to allow the inhabitants to exit their deep cryogenic stasis. The first door slid open, and out stepped the half-avian, half-human form of Jack Ike. As he stepped out of his pod, the first thing he did was stretch the large, obsidian-black wings on his back, then take a breath. He ruffled the feathers on his head, then stepped towards the storage pod that had his name on it.

This man, along with the others in the pods, was Colony Omnicron of the New Genesis program.

(Join quick; once we leave the pod area, nobody else will be able to join for awhile. Pretty much any race is accepted: Full human, Neko, mostly animal, pretty much anything as long as your character can talk.)

CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Location : Mostly Omnipresent, more Omnipresent at dawn and dusk.

Back to top Go down

Re: The Genesis Chronicles.

Post by Mattyrat97 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:37 am

Kane walked to Jack with a welcoming smile and said "fancy seeing you here!".
Mattyrat97
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:23 am

"Likewise, Kane. Still good at marksmanship?" Said Jack casually. Then it was his turn to stifle a laugh after Pia informed the hellhound she would be a tough meal. "Alright. Best thing we have for a field guide is the hope this place is mostly like earth, which it currently is. Other than some readings saying 'This planet grows crap on it,' it's entirely unexplored and unknown. For a base, yes, they did send one. The pod itself is big enough to house us and more, and it should've been the first thing here. Must've hit something on the way through space. Which reminds me, we're missing a craptonne of people, as in there was supposed to be fourty-five or so people here." Jack looked around. "Well, I guess we'll have to try colonisation without them, due to Space-Tek's usual half-done stuff ups. Seriously you have no idea how lazy those doorknobs were; at one point, I disproved them on a trajectory of a rock through a wall." he paused for a moment, then continued, "As I had guessed, the pebble bounced instead of turning into some massive transformer and bulldozing it's way through the building."

CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute on Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:17 pm

Gracchus barked at Jack: "I don't care about any of the bull you keep in your head, about all those bouncing pebbles and such." He huffed, then looked to Pia with a curious fiery eye. "What sot of creature would you describe yourself as? You cannot be a trivalis, a witch!?"

94% of Girls would cry if justin Bieber were about to jump off a skyscraper. 6% would push him off, the grab popcorn and a camera and shout, "DO A FLIP!!!" Put this in your siggie if you are part of that 6%.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, but unless life also gives you sugar, your lemonade is going to suck. So, if life gives you lemons, throw them at Justin Bieber and or One Direction.

Click this for an awesome party song!!! =D 
COME ON, PEEPS!!! LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!
Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats
Forum Activity: Active
RP Activity: Active
RP- Experience : ★★★★★

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:18 pm

Jack rolled his eyes. "Your unbearable, seriously. Did you seriously hear nothing but the bouncing stone part." He growled, getting fed up at Gracchus. "Kane, got any tranquilisers? Because I think mr. 'Screw your facts, I'm a bloody dog' here needs to shut the hell up and think." He loaded a bullet into the chamber of his rifle, and held it at the ready. Jack wasn't joking; he was going to shoot Gracchus in a moment, if he didn't stop.

CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight on Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:51 pm

Pia sighed yet again and shook her head. She gripped the spyglass until her knuckles turned white. Her voice, however, was as soft, warning.

"You two. Please try to be civil. Put the gun down, Jack. If nothing else he seems like he'd a pretty good pack animal, so we should stay on his good side...Gracchus, I know he's obnoxious, but you should at least try to work with him. We're going to need all the help we can get." Through her speech, her voice was quiet, but there was still something about it that said she meant business. "And I'm going to excuse you for what you said about me being a witch, ok? You didn't know any better. And if you really want to know, I would describe myself as a spotted salamander-human hybrid...I guess. Gene splicing, you know? They wanted something that secreted the same toxins as Ambystoma Maculatum, but at a larger scale, you know, and the gray skin and the toxins were kind of a...package deal. I'm not a witch. I don't have any special powers or anything. I do, though, secrete nasty-tasting slime stuff from my back and the base of my neck. Which means you couldn't stomach me. You might not care about what this guy has to say about Space-tek, but to the rest of us it's invaluable, so if you don't want to hear about it then you can go find a volleyball to talk to and let us speak business."
Tealight

Personal Stats
RP- Experience : ★★★★

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattyrat97 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:49 am

"Jack the ladie is right, there is no point in killing ..." kane looked at the derkas for a moment with a puzzled look. "...him". Kane pulled out his pistol still with the safety on.
Mattyrat97
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:16 am

Gracchus frowned at Pia, obviously thinking. Then he smiled, tipping his maw slightly. "Ah. A slyparrin. You are the first one I've ever seen! Great." Then he heard Pia mention he go find a volleyball to talk to. "Huh? Oh yes, yes, I'll go do that right now." He had obviously forgotten all about him being obnoxious and Ike wanting to kill him. Gracchus went off onto the green grounds, nuffling through the grass and wagging his tail, high over his head. Then he looked at a small patch of tiny purple flowers. He gazed at it for a moment, then a butterfly-like creature intercepted his vision. "A vargis!" he exclaimed, forgetting about the volleyball. Gracchus began following the creature, even in the air.

94% of Girls would cry if justin Bieber were about to jump off a skyscraper. 6% would push him off, the grab popcorn and a camera and shout, "DO A FLIP!!!" Put this in your siggie if you are part of that 6%.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, but unless life also gives you sugar, your lemonade is going to suck. So, if life gives you lemons, throw them at Justin Bieber and or One Direction.

Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:23 pm

Jack watched Gracchus, dumbfounded. He raised his hand and turned his head, implying he was about to say 'What the hell was that?' But had frozen before he could speak. He then shook his head. "You know what, Pia is in charge of understanding that thing, because I sure as hell don't." He said rubbing his head. "Well, seeing as there aren't many other people likely to show up, should we go do something, or stay here?"

CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:12 pm

Pia watched Gracchus curiously for awhile before turning back to the other two. She closed and pocketed the spyglass.

"I think we should look for that housing pod you were talking about," she said. Then she spoke to Kane. "No other pods landed with you, did they? No people?"
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattyrat97 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:53 pm

"No, none" Kane said.
Mattyrat97
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:59 am

"There might not be a point. At best, the pod has landed on the planet, but who knows where, it could be at the bottom of an ocean for all we know. Worse case, it hit something, got knocked off a single second of a degree off, and is going to be incinerated in the sun in few minutes, or will leave this system altogether. We'd probably have better luck making a temporary base to survive the night, then search in the day, and if we don't find it within the first week, we probably won't find it at all." Said Jack, forgetting about Gracchus and putting his gun away. "But like I said, we've got no idea about anything on this planet other than it looks habitable through a telescope. There could be animals that would use Gracchus as a tube off toothpaste, or even carnivorous nano biotic insects, in which case we're already dead. Hell, even the laws of physics might not apply here." He said, stretching his wings out again.

CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:06 pm

Gracchus continued following the butterfly, flapping his giant wings as he rose high into the air. He followed the little thing with each dip and wallow. His eyes, swimming with lava as they were, teared with lava. One hazardous drip fell on the butterfly, and it dropped to the ground, singed and burning. Gracchus also fell to the ground, on his large paws. He towered over the creature, tending to its small wounds meticulously with his claws. However, its pretty wings wilted, and the poor creature shriveled in the poor derpa's heat. Gracchus wiped a few lava tears away, and blew the ashes of his little "friend" away into the wind. He looked after the blown dust sadly.

Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight on Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:48 pm

Pia nodded sheepishly. She shifted a little, looking less at Jack himself and more at his wings, which seemed to intrigue her almost as much as Gracchus. Then she inspected Kane's.

"So...those work?" she asked softly. "You can actually fly with those, right?"
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattyrat97 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:02 am

Kane looked around "looks okay" Kane said in an voice that almost made it sound like sarcasm. Kane took of his pack and his rifle but kept his pistol, stretched out his wings and took off. Kane hade a quick fly around.
Mattyrat97
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute on Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:14 pm

Gracchus narrowed his eyes at an approaching suspicious figure.

Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:19 pm

"They worked the last time I used them... Give me a second, I'll see." He crouched down, with his right leg pointed out and his left hand resting on the ground. He then stretched his wings out and lifted them up above him. With a massive whoosh, he brought his wings down as quickly as he could, and shot up into the air, after a moment reaching roughly 600 meters up in the sky. He did a few circles, then quickly descended back down to earth, and landed pretty close to where he was a moment ago. "There's a forest roughly north taking up most of the horizon. The rest is just flat plains with little or no cover or shelter."

CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight on Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:03 am

Pia watched the two diligently as they flew about, rubbing her cheek. While Jack was in the air, she dropped her pack onto the grass and pulled out a thick notebook and a pen. With this she occupied herself with until Jack landed, glancing up frequently to see where the men were.

"A forest, huh?" Pia closed the book. "Then I guess that's our best bet. I'm afraid what the weather might be like out in the open plains like this, since we don't know about the atmosphere...Um, how long do you think will it take to get there on foot? Of course, you'll want to go ahead--that's fine. Just keep in sight so I know where we're going."[/b]

Pia put on her backpack.
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattyrat97 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:46 am

Kane flew to his pod and back. He landed were he head left his pack and rifle. He picked them both up and wated to see the next thing to get incinerated.
Mattyrat97
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:05 am

Gracchus snarled and ran back to the others. "A rouge is coming! And there's a forest! Don't go into the forest! If we see an outcast rouge that's bad! Really bad! There might be a fleebird colony in the forest! Don't go into the forest!" He gasped.

Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:26 am

"We should be there by sundown, so about five or six hours. We don't really need to travel in any specific direction, just head north. It literally takes up the entire horizon." Jack then heard Gracchus complain, and rolled his eyes out of sight. "Gracchus, we're over eighty-five trillion light-years away from Earth, I highly doubt that some sort of rebel from Earth got here, unless your referring to some sort of animal. Plus, we don't really have much choice; we have to go into the forest to get shelter, or we stand out here in the rain, whenever it comes." Jack paused for a moment, thinking. "Or, you could dig us all a hole to live in. It'd have to be pretty big though, and flood-proof." He said looking at the horizon to the south.

CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattyrat97 on Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:35 am

"Im not living in a hole" Kane said and started walking to the forest. "You can come if you like" Kane said with a smile.
Mattyrat97
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tealight on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:59 am

"Sundown?" Pia laughed lightly, teasing. "I thought we were eighty-five trillion miles from earth, hm? Do the math. How far does that make us from the sun you know? We don't even know if we're playing by the same rules here."

She shook her head and started walking. "I'm with Kane. We would have to come to the forest for food eventually, anyway, and the sooner we find out what's out there the better prepared we'll be in the future...Gracchus, honey, could you explain to us what you mean by rouge and fleebird, please?" She looked over her shoulder.
Tealight

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by CPT Revenge Unit #27 on Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:44 pm

"All right then, if your going to be a smarty-pants... If we were to depart immediately from our current location, we shall arrive at the lush zone of dense vegetation to what is an estimate of north, going by the ruling that the planet is currently rotating to the east, in the time between now and the time it takes for the large light producing nuclear powered celestial object to relocate itself from its current position in the atmosphere above us until it is engulfed by the stretching expanse of the horizon to the west." He said, grinning. "So yes, for simplicities sake, that is the sun, and we'll be there by sundown. If there's some sort of avian race in there, it would probably be best for me and Kane to go first. If we're lucky, they speak Avinglish as well. If not, we'll hopefully at minimum look like them, or be able to show off our wings or something. Gracchus should stay grounded, in case they don't like the look of him, plus he'll be able to give you cover should the need arise to flee." He said, prepping his gun and strapping it to his back, in between his wings. He buckled a pair of pistols- Glocks, by the look of them- to either side of his hips, and then put a combat shotgun with a clip not unlike a tommy gun over the top of the rifle. "Oh, and one last thing. I said Light-Years, not miles. If it was miles, we'd be a fair distance from Pluto, but easily in sight of earth through telescope. No, we're light years away; that is to say, it would take Eighty five trillion years for light to get here unassisted. And, to give some context to that: The universe is only about 13 billion years old, give or take a few million. This means we're further from Earth than the universe is old."

CPT Revenge Unit #27
Old Timer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brute on Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:30 am

Gracchus bit his lip. He still was very sure Pia was some kind of witch. The derpas have always served the witches and wizards of Caelum. "A rouge is a reddish smoky-- thing, that can twist you in a spray of smoke to become his kind. You can tell him if he has white eyes, no pupils. A fleebird is a bird that lives in a colony nest in the forest. They are very quiet, so that their babies can sleep. But when ANYTHING gets even REMOTELY near, like 500 yards from the nest, they attack instantly, and kill the intruder, or intruders." He breathed slowly. "Don't go in the forest. I just told you all about the least dangerous creatures. You don't even want to know about the oter derpas. Spare me the trouble of collecting all your dead bodies and burying them." He inhaled, then sighed. A frown grew as Ike continued to speak. "Look here, Ike. I'll try to explain terms in nicer ways. If you're going to be a smart ass, then I'll boot your ass out of here. Earth is not our problem. Her sun has no Sisters. When I lived in Caelum, and that's my 'Earth', there were two solar systems fused together. That means two suns. Caelum was just one of the habitable planets, if it isn't now. I don't know if there are two suns or not; it's too light for me to see right. But when I lived in Caelum, there were, well, atmosphere islands, in English, foats that kappuras lived on and in. There was a ton of forest, and nobody could go in or over it because the fleebird population was so great. What if this planet orbits one of the Sisters?" Gracchus grimaced and beat his wings. "Avinglish, huh? What makes you think that they would speak that language? More likely they speak Latin, which is not a dead language as you think. I speak it, as well as my native language, Cae. And really, show off your wings? Well, look at me! I have wings, don't I? And there are creatures who can freeze you from a kilometer away! Or plain out turn you into a lava mass. All creatures that are in the air have some sort of wings, or they wouldn't be up there. Even the creatures you call 'the little bunnies' have wings. Rouges have black bat wings, just so you know." Gracchus gasped for breath. Out of the corner of his fiery eye, he watched the rouge come closer and closer.

The rouge had tattered black bat wings, and his body was bloodred, with dark smoke coming off the top and what looked like blood dripping off the bottom. His claws were long and unkept, and his eyes were all white, no pupils showing. He seemed to have lost the front of his lip, so his nose looked deformed and he showed his teeth all the time. He seems to run slower than he would in Caelum, Gracchis thought, and his wings are too tattered for use. I have the upper hand. "Don't shoot at the creature. If he is mature, then the bullet will pass right through his body. At the least, the bullet would melt or become smoke itself if it touches his flesh. That would only get him more angry."

Brute
Old Timer

Personal Stats

Back to top Go down

Post by Mattyrat97 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:04 pm

"So why are the birds not attacking it?" Kane said with curiosity.
Mattyrat97
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top